Your weekly roundup :: December 9 – 13
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Is generosity always a spontaneous act? Not always, says author Judy Foley. In fact, choosing how and where to be generous can be a game changer. Discover more on this week’s blog!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Melissa Hinnant, owner of Grace and Lace and a Shark Tank entrepreneur, talks about why she built an entire business centered on her desire to always give. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Love a good sale? So do we! Use coupon code 19BF20% to get 20% off Diane Paddison’s Be Refreshed. This collection of short, 5-minute reflections designed for working women makes a great gift!
Our work, love, pray favorites
Shelly Zallis with Forbes writes about the “broken rung” between entry-level positions and management roles and what can be done to fix it.
Pam Woody with Focus on the Family talks about the unspoken expectations many couples have about the Christmas season — and the problems that can stem from this.
Sherri Gragg with Relevant Magazine shares her support for those not feeling so cheerful this holiday season.
We love this episode from Molly Fletcher on cultivating joy, gratitude, and connection in our daily lives. She interviews SoulPancake CEO, Shabnam Mogharabi, who discusses being intentional about tuning into joy in our daily lives and the power of tackling tough conversations.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Nashville – Christmas Gathering – December 13 @ 6:00PM
- Oklahoma City – Holiday Gathering – December 13 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Holiday Volunteer Partner Event – December 14 @ 1:00PM
- Milwaukee – December Gathering – December 14 @ 9:30AM
- Tulsa – Saturday Breakfast – December 14 @ 9:30AM
- Portland – Christmas Party – December 14 @ 4:00PM
- Twin Cities – Stillwater Holiday Outing – December 14 @ noon
- Washington DC Metro – Winter Gathering – December 15 @ 1:00PM
- Baltimore – Ugly Christmas Sweater Party – December 16 @ 6:30PM
- Detroit – December Gathering – December 17 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – December Gathering – December 17 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – December Luncheon – December 17 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – December 18 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – December Gathering – December 18 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – December 18 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Gathering – December 19 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Christmas Gathering – December 19 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – DuPage – Christmas Open House – December 19 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – December Luncheon – December 19 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – December 21 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.