Your weekly roundup :: December 16 – 20
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Feeling a little overwhelmed by all the doing and giving this time of year? Ignore the pressure that says your gifts have to look or be a certain way. Ask God where He wants to you to give, says author Kim King. Read this week’s blog for more giving tips!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Melissa Hinnant, owner of Grace and Lace and a Shark Tank entrepreneur, talks about why she built an entire business centered on her desire to always give. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Sign up for the winter session of the 4word Mentor Program today!
Start 2020 on a strong foundation by partnering with a mentor! The winter session of the 4word Mentor Program is the perfect way to begin the new year—and makes a great Christmas gift, too!
The 4word Mentor Program is a 10-week experience. We provide three simple yet effective ingredients:
- A proven framework for engagement
- A well-matched mentor
- Support throughout the process
Our work, love, pray favorites
Halley Bondy with NBC News interviews Ginny Brzezinski and Mika Brzezinski to get their insight on why women encounter ageism more than men in the workplace.
Erin and Greg Smalley with Focus on the Family share a date idea that will give you the opportunity to invest as a couple in the well-being of someone else.
Shane Pruitt with Relevant Magazine lists a few myths that have been added to the greatest story ever told.
We love this episode from Molly Fletcher on cultivating joy, gratitude, and connection in our daily lives. She interviews SoulPancake CEO, Shabnam Mogharabi, who discusses being intentional about tuning into joy in our daily lives and the power of tackling tough conversations.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – December 21 @ 10:00AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering – January 1 @ TBD
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley – January 2 @ 5:30PM
- Seattle – January Gathering – January 2 @ 6:30PM
- Saratoga Springs – January Gathering – January 4 @ 9:30AM
- Austin – First Tuesday Meet-Up – January 7 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – La Jolla Launch Event – January 7 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – January 8 @ 6:00PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – January 9 @ 6:30PM
- Baltimore – Women Doing Well Retreat – January 11 @ 9:00AM
- Colorado Springs – January Workshop – January 11 @ 9:00AM
- Milwaukee – January Gathering – January 11 @ 9:30AM
- Nashville – Monthly Gathering – January 13 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – January Power Breakfast – January 14 @ 7:00AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Gathering – January 15 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – Monthly Gathering – January 15 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – January 15 @ 7:30PM
- Portland – January Luncheon – January 16 @ noon
- Dallas – North Dallas Breakfast Study – January 17 @ 8:00AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – January 18 @ 10:00AM
- Phoenix – New Year Luncheon – January 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – January 19 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – January Gathering – January 21 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – January Gathering – January 21 @ 11:45AM
- Colorado Springs – Monthly Gathering – January 23 @ 6:30PM
- Springfield – January Gathering – January 28 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.