Your weekly roundup :: February 24 – 28
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
THANK YOU to everyone who attended our sold-out Gala last weekend! There was so much excitement and energy that night and we were able to exceed our fundraising goal by 10%. We hope we see you next year on Feb. 27 at the Omni Hotel!
How do you make your team feel valued? We asked Trina Lee, 4word Mentor Program manager and 4word: Portland leader, to weigh in. This week, Trina’s shared her tips for building the best team and growing great communication.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Trina Lee, manager of the 4word Mentor Program, joins the podcast to talk about belonging culture and why it’s important for any size company to prioritize. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Robin J. Ely and Irene Padavic write on the Harvard Business Review about the work/family narrative and what it spells out for women in the workplace.
Dr. Andrew Spencer with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares his advice for talking to your children about the value of work.
Fred Sanders with Christianity Today explains why the Crucifixion is the center of our theology—and our lives.
Listen to 4word Founder and President Diane Paddison on the Valerie and Company – Leadership Development & Personal Branding podcast! Diane shares what led her to create 4word and the burden she has for giving women in the workplace a faith-based support system.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Oklahoma City – Monthly Gathering – February 29 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – First Tuesday March Meet Up – March 3 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Working Girls Lunch – March 3 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – La Jolla Gathering – March 3 @ 6:30PM
- Twin Cities – March Luncheon – March 3 @ noon
- Phoenix – March Lunch Gathering – March 5 @ 11:30AM
- Seattle – March Gathering – March 5 @ 6:30PM
- Twin Cities – Hope Sings – March 6 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – March Power Breakfast – March 10 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – March Breakfast – March 10 @ 8:30AM
- Colorado Springs – March Lady Boss Breakfast – March 11 @ 8:00AM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – March 11 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – South Small Group – March 12 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – March 12 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – March 14 @ 8:30AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – March 15 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – Slaying the Giants We Face as Leaders – March 17 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – March Luncheon – March 17 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – March 18 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – March Social – March 18 @ 6:00PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – March 18 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – March Luncheon – March 19 @ noon
- Dallas – North Breakfast Study – March 20 @ 8:00AM
- Nashville – March Gathering – March 20 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – March 21 @ 10:00AM
- Phoenix – Saturday Hike – March 21 @ 8:00AM
- Springfield – March Gathering – March 24 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – March Breakfast Group – March 24 @ 9:00AM
- Tulsa – March Lunch Group – March 25 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Speaker Series – March 26 @ 6:30PM
- Washington DC – March Virtual Meet Up – March 26 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – With Inspire Women – March 28 @ 9:00AM
- Oklahoma City – March Gathering – March 28 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.