4word community, we are grateful to come to you each week with content that is helpful as you navigate the successes and challenges of life. As we continue to stay apprised of the impact of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are praying for you as you navigate each day! We are grateful during this time to be an army of intercessors praying for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of our friends, our families, and for our world. If you have specific prayer requests, please send those to Irrayna as she consolidates prayer requests for our Boards and staff to pray over each week. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Your weekly roundup :: April 20 – 24
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Looking for someone to help you navigate your career goals? The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting sign-ups for the summer session. Click here to start!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
JoAnne Baldwin, marketer at PitchBook and marketing co-director for 4word: Seattle, discusses why she goes into a networking situation with the intent to encourage others rather than simply use them for their connections and shares tips for you to reinvent the way you network. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Jen Glantz with Business Insider shares her tips for mastering the art of (quick) networking.
May Busch encourages us with her two main strategies for dealing with our new “normal” environments.
Deborah Nayrocker with Relevant Magazine shares ways that you can have consistent fellowship with your Creator.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Chicago – DuPage Saturday Study – April 25 @ 8:30AM
- Oklahoma City – April Gathering – April 25 @ 10:00AM
- Springfield – April Gathering – April 28 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – First Tuesday Meet-Up – May 5 @ 5:30PM
- Colorado Springs – Working Girls Lunch – May 5 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – La Jolla Gathering – May 5 @ 6:30PM
- Twin Cities – May Luncheon – May 5 @ noon
- Phoenix – May Lunch Gathering – May 7 @ 11:30AM
- Seattle – May Gathering – May 7 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – May Power Breakfast – May 12 @ 7:00AM
- Colorado Springs – Lady Boss Breakfast – May 12 @ 8:00AM
- Southlake – May Breakfast – May 12 @ 8:30AM
- Dallas – Monthly Study – May 13 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – South Small Group – May 14 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – May 14 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – May 16 @ 7:30AM
- Tulsa – Breakfast Group – May 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – May 17 @ 5:30PM
- Washington D.C. – Metro Spring Gathering – May 17 @ 2:00PM
- San Antonio – May Luncheon – May 19 @ 11:45AM
- Detroit – May Gathering – May 20 @ 5:30PM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – May 20 @ 10:00AM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 21 @ noon
- Springfield – May Gathering – May 26 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Lunch Group – May 27 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Speaker Series – May 28 @ 6:30PM
- Washington D.C. – May Virtual Meet-Up – May 28 @ 6:30PM
- Oklahoma City – May Gathering – May 30 @ 10:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.