4word community, we are grateful to come to you each week with content that is helpful as you navigate the successes and challenges of life. As we continue to stay apprised of the impact of COVID-19, we want you to know that we are praying for you as you navigate each day! We are grateful during this time to be an army of intercessors praying for the physical and spiritual wellbeing of our friends, our families, and for our world. If you have specific prayer requests, please send those to Irrayna at firstname.lastname@example.org as she consolidates prayer requests for our Boards and staff to pray over each week. “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9.
Your weekly roundup :: May 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Looking for someone to help you navigate your career goals? The 4word Mentor Program is now accepting sign-ups for the summer session. Click here to start!
Patricia Myers, executive leadership coach and 4word Board Member, shares her struggles with being confident in who she was and what women in the workplace can do to keep their own doubts at bay.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Susan Tolles, 4word’s Director of Local Groups and Member Insider, talks about the lies we all believe and how their shared foundation is fear. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Sue Ross with Thrive Global explains how you can overcome self-sabotage and get what you really want.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates discusses powerful prayers you can implement to prepare your heart for love.
Caleb Keller with Relevant Magazine encourages Christians to just be themselves, but in Christ.
Listen to an inspiring video featuring author Jim Collins, sharing the power of the Stockdale Paradox
Confront the brutal reality of the times with faith that you will prevail, however long it takes.
4word: Local Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Local Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Local Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Nashville – Enneagram Workshop – May 11 @ 6:30PM Virtually
- Charleston – May Gathering – May 12 @ Noon Virtually
- Chicago – May Power Breakfast – May 12 @ 7:00AM Virtual
- Colorado Springs – Lady Boss Breakfast – May 12 @ 8:00AM Virtual
- Southlake – May Breakfast – May 12 @ 8:30AM Virtual
- Dallas – Monthly Bible Study – May 13 @ 6:00PM Virtual
- Houston – Virtual Bi-Weekly Bible Study – May 13 @ 7:30AM
- Southlake – Quarterly Event “A Test to Reset” – May 13 @ 7:00PM Virtual
- Austin – South Small Group – May 14 @ noon Virtual
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – May 14 @ 6:30PM Virtual
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley – May Gathering – May 14 @ TBD Virtual
- Palm Beach County – May Study – May 14 @ 7:00PM Virtual
- Philadelphia – Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – May 16 @ 10:00AM Virtual
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – May 20 @ 7:30AM Virtual
- Chicago – Willow Creek | Work Pray Love – May 16 @ 9:00AM Virtual
- Tulsa – Breakfast Group – May 16 @ 9:00AM Virtual
- Saratoga Springs – May Gathering – May 16 @ 9:30AM
- Southlake – Virtual Coffee & Yoga Pants – May 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – NW Small Group – May 17 @ 6:00PM Virtual
- Washington D.C. – Metro Spring Gathering – POSTPONED
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group – May 19 @ 11:45AM Virtual
- Austin – Heart Connect Prayer Gathering – May 19 @ 5:30PM Virtually
- Bay Area – San Francisco – May Gathering – May 19 @ 6:00PM Virtual
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley – Connect and Pray – May 19 @ 6:00PM Virtual
- San Antonio – May Luncheon – May 19 @ 11:45AM
- Detroit – May Gathering – May 20 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Virtual Bi-Weekly Bible Study – May 20 7:30AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – May 20 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 21 @ noon Virtual
- Dallas – North Breakfast Study – May 22 @ 8:00AM
- Oklahoma City – May Gathering – May 23 @ 10:00AM
- Springfield – May Gathering – May 26 @ 5:30PM
- Charleston – Virtual Monthly Gathering – May 27 @ Noon
- Houston – Virtual Bi-Weekly Bible Study – May 27 @ 7:30AM
- Philadelphia – ABS Monthly Study – May 27 Virtual
- Twin Cities – Essential Oils – May 27 @ 5:30PM Virtual
- Tulsa – Lunch Group – May 27 @ noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Speaker Series – May 28 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – North/Central Small Group – May 28 @ 11:45AM
- Washington D.C. – May Virtual Meet-Up – May 28 @ 6:30PM
- Palm Beach County – May Fellowship – May 28 @ 7:00PM Virtual
- Chicago – Lunch Break Discussion – May 29 @ Noon Virtual
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.