Your weekly roundup :: August 17 – 21
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Ready to end 2020 on a positive note? Sign up today for a spot in the upcoming fall session of the 4word Mentor Program! Mentees are hand-paired with a 4word mentor who can help you take your goals for the rest of the year and pave the way into 2021. The deadline to sign up is Friday, September 4, so don’t wait!
Why does self-care feel like such a guilty pleasure? This week, we heard from Rebecca Hawkins of 4word: Colorado Springs, who shared what she’s learned about self-care and how essential it is for all women to create that sacred space for rest. She also has a simple trick for adding self-care into your day!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch lists three steps you can take to take the workplace role that you currently have and turn it into the role you really want.
Danny Huerta with Focus on the Family shares five reasons friendships are essential in your child’s life, especially in a pandemic.
James Dwyer with Relevant Magazine discusses why Jesus’ famous words about worry aren’t another command to get right; they’re an invitation to a whole new perspective.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Virtual Breakfast Study – August 21 @ 8:00 AM JOIN IN!
- Southlake – Yoga Pants & Coffee – August 22 @ 9:00 AM
- Springfield — August Virtual Gathering – August 25 @ 5:30 PM
- Tulsa Lunch Group – August 27 @ Noon
- Dallas Bi-Monthly Bible Study – 6:30PM Virtually
- Charleston – August Work, Love, Pray Fellowship @ 8:30PM Virtually
- Washington DC – Weekly Pray Strong Virtual Meet Up – August 27 @ 8:00 AM JOIN IN!!
- Colorado Springs – Monthly Speaker Series August 27 @ 6:30PM Virtually
- Palm Beach County FL – Monthly Fellowship August@ 7:00PM Virtually
- Candid Conversations on Racial Reconciliation in Our Communities – August 27 @ 7:00PM
- Oklahoma City – Monthly Gathering August 29 @ 10:00AM Virtually
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.