Your weekly roundup :: September 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
4word Giving Week begins next week! Please mark your calendar for Sept 14-18 to help support women in the workplace. 100% of donations go directly to provide one on one mentoring through our Mentor Programs, authentic community through our Community Groups, and inspiration through our Digital Content. Even a small donation can make a big impact. If your company matches employee donations, be sure to let them know. We also accept gifts of stock.
UNWAVERING self-assurance. Unshakable faith in your mission. Where does it come from? We asked Nicole Arnold, a former lobbyist and 4word mentor, to share what she’s learned about choosing confidence and cultivating leadership minus any cockiness.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Jill Perrin, an executive coach and a 4word mentor from Dallas, Texas, shares best practices for learning to be more confident and why vulnerability is a big determiner in whether or not you’ll succeed. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Theodore Baer with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics dives deep into how the number of movies with strong faith and values has increased 470%.
Halee Gray Scott with Christianity Today dives into a recent study by Barna and American Bible Society about the differences between men and women when it comes to reading the Bible.
Lee Strobel writes for Relevant Magazine about doubt and three misunderstandings we may have about it.
Listen as Molly Fletcher chats with Ally Love on Game Changers with Molly Fletcher about how to keep people engaged in a virtual environment, her approach to tough conversations, and how she’s successfully built a multi-dimensional career. (Molly will be the 2021 4word Gala interviewer—click here for more information!)
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Washington DC – Retreat & Play 9/12 @ 8:00 AM
- Portland – Retreat 9/12 @ 1:00 PM
- Nashville – Picnic in the Park Gathering 9/14 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 9/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Bay Area – San Francisco Gathering 9/15 @ 6:00 PM
- New York City – Gathering Virtual 9/15 @ 7:00 PM
- San Antonio – Luncheon 9/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Detroit – September Social 9/16 @ 5:30
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District – 9/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin – North/Central 9/17 @ 11:45 AM
- Dallas – Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 9/17 @ 12:30 PM
- Portland September Luncheon 9/17 @ 12:00 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Dallas North Breakfast Study Virtual 9/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 9/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Saratoga Springs – Gathering 9/19 @ 9:30 AM
- Southlake – September Coffee and Yoga Pants 9/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa – September Virtual Breakfast Group 9/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Virtual September Gathering 9/20 @ 6:00 PM
- Springfield – September Virtual Gathering 9/22 @ 5:30 PM
- Dallas – Bi-Monthly Virtual Bible Study 9/23 @ 6:30 PM
- Tulsa – September Hybrid Lunch Group 9/23 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs – Featured Guest Speaker 9/24 @ 6:30 PM
- Dallas – Weekly Virtual Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 9/24 @ 12:30 PM
- Palm Beach County – September Virtual Study 9/24 @ 7:00 PM
- Washington DC – Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 9/25 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City – September Virtual Lady Boss Breakfast 9/26 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago – Community & Conversation Virtually 9/29 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston – An Interview with Author Dawn. F. Landry – ARMORED 9/29 @ 6:00 PM
- Charleston – Virtual Gathering 9/30 @ 8:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.