Your weekly roundup :: September 28 – October 2
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Chinese? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Dr. Katherine Pang, licensed psychologist, founder/Clinical Director/Managing Psychologist of Lakewood Wellness Partners, founder of the Christian Life Institute, and member of 4word: Dallas, shares what healthy emotional intelligence can look like and why being emotionally intelligent can strengthen your Christian walk. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Amanda Taub with The New York Times discusses why improvements in gender equality in the workplace may be another casualty of the coronavirus, as women find their place in the workforce more at risk.
Debra Fileta answers the question, “How can you strike a balance between enjoying what you’re experiencing today in singleness, yet still hold on to the desire for marriage without letting in control your life?”
Joshua S. Hill writes for Relevant Magazine about the divide in churches about worship and why worshipping God should be a natural extension of everything we do.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kristen Stockton.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 10/2 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin – Communicating with Confidence in a Virtual World – Special Guest Speakers: Kim & Mike Barnes 10/6 @ 5:30 PM JOIN IN!
- Twin Cities October Lunch 10/6 @ Noon
- Dallas – Fellowship Breakfast 10/8 @ 8:00 AM
- Austin – South Small Group October 10/8 @ Noon
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 10/8 @ 12:30 PM
- Palm Beach County October Guest Speaker – Sandy Lamb 10/8 @ 7:00 PM
- Phoenix Happy Hour Gathering 10/8 @ 7:00 PM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 10/9 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago Work Love Pray | Purpose Virtually 10/10 @ 9:00 AM
- Philadelphia South NEW 10/10 @ 10:00 AM
- Chicago October Power Breakfast 2020 Virtually 10/13 @ 7:00 AM
- Colorado Springs Lady Boss Breakfast Virtually 10/13 @ 8:30 AM
- Dallas Bi-Monthly Bible Study 10/14 @ 6:30 PM
- Austin North/Central 10/15 @ 11:45 AM
- Dallas Weekly Bible Study “Pauline Perspectives on Living Christ” 10/16 @ 12:30 PM
- Portland October Luncheon 2020 10/15 @ Noon
- Dallas Breakfast Study Virtual 10/16 @ 8:00 AM
- Washington DC Pray Strong Virtual Meet-Up 10/16 @ 10:00 AM
- DuPage Launch 10/17 @ 9:30 AM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering 10/17 @ 10:00 AM
- Saratoga Springs Gathering 10/17 @ 9:30 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants 10/17 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa October Breakfast Group 10/17 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin NW Gathering 10/18 @ 6:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.