Your weekly roundup :: November 23 – 27
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
During the month of November, support 4word Community Groups by turning your VOICE into IMPACT! Each time you share a brand or product review, you raise $2. It’s free, fast, and secure. Sign up today!
4word founder Diane Paddison writes about what 2020 has taught her about thankfulness and shares some of the incredible blessings to come out of this tumultuous year.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Valkyrie Lang, Investment Advisor Representative at Chisholm Trail Financial Group, an independent financial planning firm in Austin, TX, lists out the financial goals all women should aim for and how anyone can start making their financial future more secure, no matter your starting point.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Amy Bernstein, Amy Gallo, and Emily Caulfield with Harvard Business Review interview psychologist Alice Boyes on the HBR podcast Women at Work to learn the professional advantages of certain personality traits related to shyness.
Krithika Varagur with the Wall Street Journal writes about how a tough economy, the pandemic, and the #MeToo movement have combined to make younger workers wary of love on the job.
Daniel Harrell, editor in chief at Christianity Today, asks how theology explains a pandemic: basic biology, human sin, or the Devil?
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Monica Escobar.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Bay Area Virtual Feedback Fest 11/30 @ 7:00 PM
- Twin Cities Virtual Luncheon 12/1 @ Noon
- Austin Westlake/Central 12/3
- Dallas Fellowship Breakfast 12/3 @ 8:00 AM
- Palm Beach County Virtual December Study 12/3 @ 6:30 PM
- Seattle December Gathering 12/3 @ 6:30 PM
- Phoenix Christmas Gathering 12/5
- Portland December Christmas Party 12/5 @ 4:00 PM
- Charleston December Virtual Gathering 12/8 @ Noon
- Chicago Power Breakfast 12/8 @ 7:00 AM
- Nashville December Gathering Virtually 12/8 @ 6:30 PM
- Dallas Bi-Monthly Bible Study Virtually 12/9 @ 6:30 PM
- Philadelphia ABS Monthly Gathering 12/9 @ Noon
- Austin South Small Group 12/10 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs Featured Speaker Virtual Series 12/10 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Annual Holiday Social 12/10 @ 6:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.