Your weekly roundup :: December 14 – 18
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
We need to raise $30,000 by December 31 and can’t do it without you! Funds raised will go directly to the 4word Mentor Program, 4word Community Groups, and 4word digital content. Despite all the chaos of the past year, let’s work together to end 2020 strong! Text “GIVETODAY” to 95577 or click the button below to give by Thursday, Dec. 31.
Dr. Debra J. Dean, President and CEO of Dean Business Consulting, writes for the 4word blog with her thoughts on keeping family celebrations civil this holiday season, in-person or from afar.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Dr. Debra J. Dean, President and CEO of Dean Business Consulting, talks about how she’s protected her time spent with her six children and four grandchildren and discusses why she believes women in the workplace should use their business savvy to set airtight boundaries for their families.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kevin Payne with The Ascent lists three actions anyone can take right now to help close the gender wealth gap.
Alli Worthington shares a chapter from her book, Breaking Busy, that gives a practical look at how to enjoy the season with less stress and more joy.
Rhidian Brook with Christian Today encourages all of us to not lose hope this Christmas season and make a conscious effort to remember the reason for the season.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring LaDonna Slade and Sandra Crawford Williamson.
4word: Community Group Events
4word is recommending that all our Community Groups follow their state and local mandates regarding meetings and public gatherings. Please check with your Community Group regarding any event cancellations or changes to virtual meetings.
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Community Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast Study 12/18 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Virtual Breakfast Gathering 12/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 12/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa December Virtual Breakfast 12/19 @ 9:00 AM
- New York City December Virtual Gathering 12/22 @ 7:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 1/6 @ 7:30 AM
- Dallas Monthly Fellowship Breakfast 1/7 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Gathering 1/7 @ 6:00 PM
- Philadelphia South Virtual Study 1/9 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon 1/12 @ Noon
- Colorado Springs Lady Boss Breakfast Virtually 1/12 @ 8:30 AM
- Twin Cities January Virtual Lunch 1/13 @ Noon
- Austin South Small Group 1/14 @ Noon
- Palm Beach County Virtual Fellowship 1/14 @ 7:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast 1/16 @ 9:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.