Your weekly roundup :: April 26 – 30
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Now until Friday, May 7, you can sign up to be a mentee in the upcoming summer session of the 4word Mentor Program. Spend 10 weeks with a hand-selected mentor who shares your values, wants to see you form and follow a vision for your life, and is ready to be your sounding board.
Max Lucado joins the blog this week to discuss the element of trust that comes into play when you get to the heart of why we might not be resting like we should be.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Kyla Cragg, manager in AppleCare Engineering with Apple and a Project Manager for Inclusion & Equality, joins the podcast to chat about when she realized rest isn’t something you need permission to do and shares how she’s learned to rest without guilt.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch shares three things you can do to persuade others at work to drop the things that are no longer necessary or helpful.
Jean Shriver pens a moving article on Palos Verdes News about her late husband of 62 years.
Christopher Alam writes on Christianity Today about how, as a direct descendant of Muhammad, he met Christ on a crowded Pakistani sidewalk.
Listen to Game Changers with Molly Fletcher to learn how to become more persuasive by employing seven simple techniques.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “National Day of Prayer” LIVE Prayer Event- Hosted by 4word: Houston CLICK TO PRAY TOGETHER May 6, Noon CST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 5/4 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin Westlake/Central 5/6
- Dallas May Fellowship Breakfast IRL 5/6 @ 8:00 AM
- National Day of Prayer Hosted by Houston 5/6 @ noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/6 @ 7:00 PM
- Palm Beach County Fellowship In Person 5/6 @ 7:00 PM
- Seattle Monthly Gathering In Person 5/6 @ 6:00 PM
- Philly South Virtual Monthly Gathering 5/8 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon 5/11 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago May Virtual Power Breakfast 5/11 @ 7:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Book Study 5/11/2021 7:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study – Book of Psalms 5/12 @ 7:30 AM
- Twin Cities May Virtual Lunch 5/12 @ Noon
- Austin – South Small Group Meeting Virtually 5/13 @ Noon
- Austin Small Group – Tarrytown Virtual 5/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/13 @ 7:00 PM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Meeting Virtually 5/15 @10:00
- Southlake May Coffee & Yoga Pants In Person 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group Meeting Virtually 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 5/16 6:00 PM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 5/18 Noon
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/18 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 5/18 Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 5/19 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual meeting 5/19 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/19 7:30 AM
- Philly Old City/Historic District Small Group 5/19 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 5/20 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/20 7:00 PM
- Palm Beach County Virtual Study 5/20 7:00 PM
- Portland Luncheon 5/20 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 5/21 8:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 5/24 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 5/24 Noon
- Houston Gathering with Guest Speaker Courtney White 5/25 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/25 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 5/26 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/26 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 5/26 Noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/27 7:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.