Your weekly roundup :: May 3 – 7
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Hear how Anita Hill used her 4word mentor to learn to draw on her inner strength—and you can too!
TODAY is the last day you can sign up to be a mentee in the upcoming summer session of the 4word Mentor Program. Spend 10 weeks with a hand-selected mentor who shares your values, wants to see you form and follow a vision for your life, and is ready to be your sounding board.
In honor of Mother’s Day, three moms within the 4word community share the highs and lows of the past year and identify one way the pandemic has changed their parenting for the better.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Sandi Mitchell, CEO of Apex Catalyst Group, takes us into the topic of “commanding your inner committee” and why mastering this is a crucial step in achieving effective inner strength.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Ellen Sherberg writes for BizWomen with her advice for getting back on track after losing your job.
Lisa Earle McLeod with Bowling Green Daily News shares how she came to a place of valuing friendship, primarily when it comes to work.
Dane Ortlund writes for Relevant Magazine and explains why God’s love is unending.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring LaDonna Slade.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly South Virtual Monthly Gathering 5/8 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon 5/11 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago May Virtual Power Breakfast 5/11 @ 7:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Book Study 5/11/2021 7:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study – Book of Psalms 5/12 @ 7:30 AM
- Twin Cities May Virtual Lunch 5/12 @ Noon
- Austin – South Small Group Meeting Virtually 5/13 @ Noon
- Austin Small Group – Tarrytown Virtual 5/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/13 @ 7:00 PM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Meeting Virtually 5/15 @10:00
- Southlake May Coffee & Yoga Pants In Person 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group Meeting Virtually 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 5/16 6:00 PM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 5/18 Noon
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/18 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 5/18 Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 5/19 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual meeting 5/19 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/19 7:30 AM
- Philly Old City/Historic District Small Group 5/19 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 5/20 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/20 7:00 PM
- Palm Beach County Virtual Study 5/20 7:00 PM
- Portland Luncheon 5/20 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 5/21 8:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 5/24 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 5/24 Noon
- Houston Gathering with Guest Speaker Courtney White 5/25 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/25 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 5/26 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/26 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 5/26 Noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/27 7:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.