Your weekly roundup :: May 17 – 21
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Accountant and author Courtney Watson talks through how she learned to leave behind the idea that independence equals strength, and shares four questions everyone should ask themselves when something has us stumped.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Dr. Shannan Crawford, licensed clinical psychologist and leadership consultant, joins the podcast to talk about why we are so reluctant to admit when our mental health is suffering, and how she herself has learned when it’s time to pause and let God open His waiting arms to us for rest and renewed strength.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Gina Grippo-Martinez with Kiplinger shares practical advice on managing the demands that come from handling a career and a family at the same time.
Christine Koh with CNN writes about the dire need for friendship in our lives and how we can repair (or end) friendships post-pandemic.
Priscilla Shirer writes for Relevant Magazine with her advice on confidently asking God for what we need from Him.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Carol Roehrig.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 5/21 8:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 5/24 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 5/24 Noon
- Houston Gathering with Guest Speaker Courtney White 5/25 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/25 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 5/26 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/26 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 5/26 Noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/27 7:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.