7 Ways to Make Sure You’re Making What You’re Worth at Work
Your weekly roundup :: May 10 – 14
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Insecurity: The Biggest Threat to Inner Strength
Catherine Gates, Executive Director for Women in the Marketplace, guides us through the idea that our lack of inner strength and resilience stems from allowing insecurity to win, and how we can rally against that insecurity to win back our drive.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to Season 3: Episode 9 now!
Sandi Mitchell, CEO of Apex Catalyst Group, takes us into the topic of “commanding your inner committee” and why mastering this is a crucial step in achieving effective inner strength.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Calling All Lady Bosses: Here’s How to Advocate for a Salary That Works as Hard as You Do
Efrat Ravid with Swaay lists seven ways you can step up and ask for the salary you deserve.
A Case for Friendships at Work
Achim Nowak with Business 2 Community addresses three myths against making friends at work.
How Much Does Prayer Weigh?
Daniel Stillman with Christianity Today interviews psychologist Kevin L. Ladd to learn why scientists struggle to put the spiritual practice of prayer under the microscope.
Catch the latest Mentoring Monday show!
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Naomi Inman.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden Meeting Virtually 5/15 @10:00
- Southlake May Coffee & Yoga Pants In Person 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group Meeting Virtually 5/15 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 5/16 6:00 PM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 5/18 Noon
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/18 7:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon 5/18 Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 5/19 5:30 PM
- Detroit Virtual meeting 5/19 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/19 7:30 AM
- Philly Old City/Historic District Small Group 5/19 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 5/20 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/20 7:00 PM
- Palm Beach County Virtual Study 5/20 7:00 PM
- Portland Luncheon 5/20 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 5/21 8:00 AM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 5/24 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 5/24 Noon
- Houston Gathering with Guest Speaker Courtney White 5/25 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Study 5/25 7:30 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 5/26 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 5/26 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 5/26 Noon
- Houston Virtual Book Study – Intercessory Prayer 5/27 7:00 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.