Your weekly roundup :: June 14 – 18
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Next Thursday, June 24, at 7PM CST, join us for our next Candid Conversations webinar discussing unexpected pivots (we’ve all experienced some of those in the past few months, right?) and the emotional and mental impacts we may be facing. Moderator and clinical psychologist Dr. Shannan Crawford will lead the conversation. Click the button below to register!
Gene Glaeser and Amber Maenius, a father/daughter duo, share how they both came to realization that trying to find balance is a lofty goal that should be replaced with a new practice of finding ways to blend.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Patricia Asp, 4word Board Member and founder of ASPire, shares why she’s so passionate about helping companies embrace more inclusive values, and how she hopes ASPire will help hardwire company culture for sustainability.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Women Business Collaborative released their May 2021 which included encouraging information on huge strides made for women board appointments.
Jane Hu with The New Yorker writes about how the pandemic reoriented our economy of attention, redefining the limits of who and what we could care about.
Jeff Eads with The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares his advice on how you can understand and explain how you’ve demonstrated critical thinking, if your job experience is mainly in ministry.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring LaDonna Slade.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- Candid Conversations: “From Reeling to Growing – Navigating the Mental and Emotional Impacts of Unexpected Pivots” – June 24 @ 7:00PM CST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 6/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants 6/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group 6/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/23 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Luncheon 6/23 @ Noon
- Chicago Wine in the Park 6/24 @ 6:00 PM
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 6/26 @ 10:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 6/27 @ 6:00 PM
- Nashville Virtual Gathering 6/28 @ 6:30 PM
- San Antonio Virtual Luncheon 6/28 @ Noon
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 6/30 @ 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/30 @ 7:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.