Your weekly roundup :: May 31 – June 4
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
On June 24 at 7PM CST, join us for our next Candid Conversations webinar discussing unexpected pivots (we’ve all experienced some of those in the past few months, right?) and the emotional and mental impacts we may be facing. Moderator and clinical psychologist Dr. Shannan Crawford will lead the conversation. Click the button below to register!
4word: Houston leader Marty Lundstrom talks about the moment she realized she (like many women in the workplace) shied away from putting a spotlight on her accomplishments, and shares two practices any workplace can implement to encourage self-confidence in their employees.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Alva P. Adams-Mason, executive with Toyota Motor North America and 4word Advisory Board member, discusses how she found ways to advance her faith while advancing her career.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Halley Bondy with NBC News shared a Know Your Value’s interview with Mika Brzezinski and Vice President Kamala Harris coinciding with the kick off of Forbes and Know Your Value’s “50 Over 50” list.
Danielle Doolen writes for Career Contessa about her experience as a working mom and explains the benefits companies can expect from hiring working moms.
Emily Hazleton with Christianity Today reviews “Rejoice and Tremble: The Surprising Good News of the Fear of the Lord” by Michael Reeves.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Naomi Inman.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Speaker Events
- “The Power of Presence” next in series – Hosted by Washington DC – June 12 , 10 AM EST
- Candid Conversations: “From Reeling to Growing – Navigating the Mental and Emotional Impacts of Unexpected Pivots” – June 24 @ 7:00PM CST
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Austin – Spring into Summer Meet Up 6/8 @ 5:30 PM
- Charleston – Luncheon June 6/8 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast 6/8 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage – Virtual Meet Up 6/8 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston – Virtual Weekly Wednesday Bible Study 6/9 @ 7:30 AM
- Twin Cities – Lunch 6/9 @ Noon
- Austin – South Small Group 6/10 @ Noon
- Phoenix – Lunch Gathering 6/10 @ 11:30 AM
- Philly South – Gathering 6/12 @ 10:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.