Your weekly roundup :: July 5 – 9
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Deborah Bradshaw, author, TEDx Speaker, and Master Certified Life Coach, gives her advice to women in the workplace who feel like their dreams won’t ever get back on track, and reminds all of us that setbacks are still a part of God’s plan.
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Jessie Niespolo, a Senior Strategy Lead on Google’s Automotive Retail Team and co-founder of 4word: Detroit, talks about how she’s built up confidence in herself over her career, and shares her advice for sharing your worth with others in a way that doesn’t come across negatively.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kelly Lynn Adams with Entrepreneur lists seven ways to shatter your own glass ceilings that may be holding you back.
Sarah Epstein with Psychology Today writes about why we stay in friendships when they clearly stop working for us and how we can break that cycle.
Kate Shellnutt with Christianity Today encourages all of us to remember that, as we gather again, congregants bring the weight of trauma and tensions built up over more than a year spent apart.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Meg Weinkauf.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philadelphia 7/10 @ 10 AM
- Charleston Luncheon 7/13 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast 7/13 @ 7:00 AM
- DuPage Meet Up 7/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland EFG Happy Hour 7/13 @ 6:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 7/14 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 7/15 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 7/15 @ Noon
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 7/16 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden 7/17 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast Group 7/17 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 7/20 @ Noon
- San Antonio Luncheon 7/20 @ Noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit Gathering 7/21 @ 5:30 PM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District 7/21 @ 7:30 AM
- NEW ** Dallas Breakfast in the City 7/23 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering Virtual Boss Lady Breakfast 7/24 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Virtual Coffee & Catch Up 7/28 @ 8:30 AM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 7/28 @ 7:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 7/28 @ Noon
- Houston “IRL” Member Appreciation Social 7/29 @ 5:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.