Your weekly roundup :: August 9 – 13
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Now until Friday, September 3, you can sign up to be a mentee in the upcoming summer session of the 4word Mentor Program. Spend 10 weeks with a hand-selected mentor who shares your values, wants to see you form and follow a vision for your life, and is ready to be your sounding board.
Mary Hunt, founder of Debt-Proof Living and the author of The Smart Woman’s Guide to Planning for Retirement, shares what the single most important financial planning “thing” to do this year is, and you’ve probably already guessed what it is: get out of debt.
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On this episode, Judy A. Hulsey, a private wealth advisor with Ronald Blue Trust, shares her advice for planning for the future, no matter where you are in life.
Our work, love, pray favorites
David Rice with HR Exchange shares recent data from Fidelity that shows just how drastic and far-reaching the pandemic will affect the livelihood of women as they head into retirement.
Inside Croydon shares three areas in which parents can help bolster their children to create strong friendships as we emerge from pandemic situations.
Thomas Christianson writes for Relevant Magazine and lists three explanations for why God is noticeably angrier in the Old Testament than in the New Testament.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring LaDonna Slade.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly South Gathering 8/14 @10:00 AM
- Southlake Coffee & Yoga Pants 8/14 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering 8/15 @ 6:00 PM
- Austin-Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group 8/17 @ Noon
- San Antonio Luncheon 8/17 @ noon
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 8/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Philly Old City/Historic District 8/18 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering 8/19 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 8/19 @ 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast 8/20 @ 8:00 AM
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden 8/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group 8/21 @ 9:00 AM
- OKC Boss Lady Breakfast 8/21 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Gathering 8/24 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston Virtual Bible Study 8/25 @ 7:30 AM
- Charleston Coffee & Catch Up 8/25 @ 8:30 AM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 8/25 @ Noon
- Dallas Breakfast in the City 8/27 @ 8:00 AM
- Nashville Gathering 8/30 @ 6:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.