Your weekly roundup :: August 30 – September 3
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
TODAY is your last chance to sign up and find out why 98.8% of past participants would recommend to others
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY you can sign up to be a mentee in the upcoming summer session of the 4word Mentor Program. Spend 10 weeks with a hand-selected mentor who shares your values, wants to see you form and follow a vision for your life, and is ready to be your sounding board.
Independent Financial Advisor Valkyrie Lang talks about the biggest impacts the pandemic had on people’s financial health, especially women.
Did you know our Monday blogs are available in Spanish and Mandarin? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
On this episode, Dr. Mollie Bond shares her advice for the times when tough, life-altering decisions will need to be made in the name of giving yourself better quality of life.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Amanda Schnieders with ATD shares three ways mentoring can lead to a more inclusive workplace of belonging.
Adam Smiley Poswolsky with Fast Company addresses the fact that nearly 1 in 5 Americans have no close social connections, a double digit increase from 2013 and a crisis that needs national leadership.
Russell Moore with Christianity Today writes about why, in this global moment, we’re called to heed Christ’s command to open our hearts and hands.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Cynthia Nwaubani.
4word: Community Group Events
Many of our Community Groups continue to host virtual meetings in 2021. If you are not connected yet, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
National Virtual Events
Integrating Faith in Modern Life Interactive Workshop – Hosted by Alli Worthington – Friday, 9/24 @ Noon Central – $15
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Sarasota Launch – 9/5 @ 11:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study – 9/8 @ 7:30 AM
- Austin Small Group – South – 9/9 @ 1:00 PM
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 9/11 @ 10:00 AM
- Portland – A Saturday in wine country! – 9/11 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Luncheon September – 9/14 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast – 9/14 @ 7:00 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon – 9/14 @ noon
- Austin Cedar Park Small Group – 9/15 @ 5:30 PM
- Detroit VIRTUAL Gathering – 9/15 @ 5:30 PM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District Gathering – 9/15 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering – 9/16 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon – 9/16 @ 12:00 PM
- Dallas Virtual Breakfast – 9/17 @ 8:00 AM
- C-Level Forum Virtual Gathering – 9/18 @ 9:30 AM
- Dupage Fall Launch – 9/18 @ 8:30 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – 9/18 @ 10:00 AM
- Southlake Sept. Coffee & Yoga Pants – 9/18 @ 9:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group – 9/18 @ 9:00 AM
- Austin – NW Gathering – 9/19 @ 6:00 PM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon – 9/22 @ Noon
- Dallas Breakfast in the City – 9/24 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Making Connections – 9/25 @ 10:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.