Your weekly roundup :: December 13 – 17
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Now until Friday, January 7, you can sign up to be a mentee in the upcoming winter session of the 4word Mentor Program. Spend 10 weeks with a hand-selected mentor who shares your values, wants to see you form and follow a vision for your life, and is ready to be your sounding board. Click here to sign up!
Lori Joe Brown, Sr. Manager within the Global Field Enablement Center of Excellence in Global Commercial Services at American Express, and 4word Board member, explains why she focuses on both goals and growth when planning out a new year.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
On this episode, author Kim King shares why she is so passionate about helping others learn to live generously and why God wants us to give.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Elisette Carlson with Entrepreneur highlights the work of three female CEOs who teamed up to celebrate working moms and compel employers to step it up to help drive systemic change.
Judy Allen with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares a personal story of how the synergy between work and family can be impactful.
Russell Moore with Christianity Today shares why the story of the Bethlehem hostel means Christ keeps company with pilgrims, not emperors.
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Kathleen Cooke.
4word: Community Group Events
Announcing our first 4word: GLOBAL Virtual Group
Join us on the 3rd Friday each month; Hosted by Tonia Degner
Please register HERE for our first gathering
Friday, January 21 @ 8:00 AM – 9:00 AM Central Time
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- Philly Fairmount/Spring Garden – 12/18/ @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Monthly Breakfast – 12/18 @ 10:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study – 12/21 @ 7:30 AM
- Houston Monthly Gathering – 12/21 @ 6:30 PM
- Tulsa Virtual Luncheon 12/22 @ Noon
- Houston Virtual Weekly Tuesday Bible Study – 1/4 @ 7:30 AM
- DFW Fellowship Breakfast -1/6 @ 8:00 AM
- Seattle Monthly Gathering – 1/6 @ 6:00 PM
- Philly South Gathering – 1/8 @ 10:00 AM
- Charleston Monthly Luncheon – 1/11 @ 11:30 AM
- Chicago Power Breakfast – 1/11 @ 7:00 AM
- Houston Virtual Weekly Bible Study – 1/11 @ 7:30 AM
- DFW Evening Bible Study – 1/12 @ 6:00 PM
- Houston NEW Virtual Wed Bible Study – 1/12 @ 7:30 AM
- Special Interest: Women in the Military Virtual Gathering – 1/12 TBD
- DFW Yoga Pant Coffee – 1/5 @ 8:45 AM
- DFW “Risky Women Panel” – 1/24 @ 11:00 AM
- Houston Gathering – 1/25 @ 6:30 PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.