Your weekly roundup :: March 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
You’ve decided you want to be a bigger and better influence on your community. Great! But where do you start? Here are two steps to start with.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
This month, we’re sharing the story of Jennifer Jackson. A self-called latchkey child, Jennifer quickly became outgoing, inclusive, and entrepreneurial but still felt like she was missing something.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Jennifer Acree writes for Forbes on how, as a female CEO, she treats every day like International Women’s Day and actively works to empower women in her workplace and around the world.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates writes candidly about the church’s poor response when one of their own admits to dealing with depression and how hope can be given instead of perpetuating stigmas.
Tish Harrison Warren with Christianity Today explains why she believes the imprecatory psalms give us permission to push boldly against evil.
Monica Escobar is a highly motivated professional with more than seventeen years’ experience working with state partners to build capacity, create strategies to solve health care problems, and provide technical expertise in program design, project management, advocacy, community outreach, and relationship building. A champion of progress, diversity, and establishing meaningful connections that increase access and advance impact. She currently manages a variety of nationwide grants at The National Urban League.
4word: Community Group Events
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- DFW North Dallas Breakfast **NOTE CHANGED DATE** – 3/11 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 3/12 @ 10:00 AM
- Phoenix Brunch Gathering – 3/12 @ 10:30 AM
- San Antonio Luncheon – 3/15 @ Noon
- Detroit Monthly Gathering – 3/16 @ 5:30
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/16 @11:30 AM
- Philadelphia Old City/Historic District Gathering – 3/16 @ 7:30 AM
- Colorado Springs Gathering – 3/17 @ 6:30 PM
- Portland Luncheon 3/17 @ Noon
- Virtual Global Gathering – 3/18 @ 8:00 AM
- DFW Coffee & Yoga Pants – 3/19 @ 8:45 AM
- Philadelphia Fairmount/Spring Garden Gathering – 3/19 @ 10:00 AM
- Tulsa Breakfast Group – 3/19 @ 9:00 AM
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/23 @ 11:30 AM
- Military Virtual Study – 3/23 @ 5:00 CST
- Tulsa Luncheon – 3/23 @ Noon
- DFW Dallas Breakfast – 3/25 @ 8:00 AM
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 3/26 @ 10:30 AM
- Houston Virtual NOON Bible Study – 3/30 @ 11:30 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.