Your weekly roundup :: April 18 – 22
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
If 2022 hasn’t started off the way you thought it would, or you’re just wanting an extra set of eyes on your plans for this year, becoming a mentee in the summer session of the 4word Mentor Program is a great place to plug in! For 10 weeks, you will work one-on-one with a hand-selected mentor who will offer guidance on any and all issues or questions you’re having in your professional, personal, and spiritual life. Click the button below to sign up!
Patricia Asp shares how she has tackled “risky” decisions and moves in her life and how she discovered one crucial secret for successful action.
Did you know we have Monday blogs available in Spanish and Mandarin?
Listen to Part 1 of Favor Lee‘s journey from a difficult childhood in Saipan and Korea to her current role as Director of Business Development at EisnerAmper.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Romy Newman with Career Contessa shares what productive, meaningful meetings look like—and how to run them.
Julie Holmquist with Focus on the Family shares her advice for helping someone sort through concerns by looking at characteristics of a controlling spouse and a caring spouse.
Hugh Whelchel, founder of the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics, pens his third Easter blog since being diagnosed with ALS—something he didn’t think he would be doing.
Listen to the latest Mentoring Monday show featuring Margaret Grun Kibben, first female chaplain of the US House of Representatives!
Growing up Presbyterian, Chaplain Margaret Grun Kibben, 61st Chaplain for the US House of Representatives, went to church that was used as a hospital by George Washington during the Revolutionary War. Call it pre-ordained, she had a wonderful youth pastor who helped her understand her future role as a minister. She discerned where God was calling her and was grateful for the space that her mentors gave her, leading to her role as a Naval Chaplain. Listen to her legendary mentoring tips!
4word: Community Group Events
If you are not yet connected with a community group, please join one! See the complete list of virtual meetings by clicking HERE.
Ongoing Monthly Gatherings
- DFW Dallas Breakfast – 4/22 @ 8:00 AM
- Tulsa Saturday Breakfast – 4/23 @ 9:00 AM
- Military Virtual Study – 4/27 @ 7:00 PM CST
- Tulsa Luncheon – 4/27 @ Noon
- C-Level Forum Meet & Greet Virtual Gathering – 4/30 @ 9:30 AM CST
- Oklahoma City Gathering – 4/30 @ 10:30 AM
- Seattle Gathering – 5/5 @ 6:00 PM
- C-Level Eastern Virtual Meeting – 5/7 @ 10:30 AM EST
- Charleston Monthly Luncheon – 5/10 @ 1:00 PM
- Chicago Virtual Power Breakfast – 5/10 @ 7:00 AM
- Military Virtual Fellowship – 5/11 @ 7:00PM CST
- Phoenix Lunch Gathering – 5/12 @ 11:30 AM
- DFW North Dallas Breakfast – 5/13 @ 8:00 AM
- Philadelphia South Gathering – 5/14 @ 10:00 AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.