What You Missed
Single? Embrace it with the help of relationship coach Jennifer Spaulding on our blog.
Finding the balance between work and home is not easy. Molly Fletcher, CEO, keynote speaker, and author, shares how she and her husband put family first.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: CARE (Chemical Awareness Resources & Education)
Location: Dallas, TX
CARE (Chemical Awareness Resources & Education) is a non-profit, community-based organization established as a response to the increasing concerns and challenges associated with alcohol and drug abuse.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Manager of Digital Platform, Corporate Sponsorships, and Brand Management
4word – Virtual
4word is seeking an experienced full time Manager of Digital Platform, Corporate Sponsorships, and Brand Management to take lead in our Member Insider/Job Connections Board product line, Corporate Sponsorships, Marketing/Brand, Digital, Social Media, and Content product lines. This position is virtual, so location is flexible!
Job #2: Executive Director
CARE – Dallas, TX
CARE is seeking an experienced Executive Director with a knowledge and passion for recovery to be the face of the organization. The position has the responsibility to direct and oversee CARE’s educational and referral programs and activities, and fundraising, as well as manage the office, the finances and personnel.
Job #3: Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Undisclosed – Dallas, TX
A global DFW company is searching for an experienced Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Expresit is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Expresit will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every feedback given with 4word as the affiliation (up to $5 per day!). Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Expresit app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
- How To Manage Your Boss When Your Boss Keeps Changing – May Busch addresses an important aspect of what she calls “working with people.”
- Stop Calling Marriage ‘Hard Work’ – Jessica A. Chance with Relevant Magazine implores us to look past the difficult side of marriage and see what more it can offer.
- A Better Way to Be Evangelical – Anthony L. Blair writes on Christianity Today and discusses how some of us are misusing the term “evangelical” and what we really should be saying.
DON’T HAVE A TEAM?: May Busch shares her thoughts on delegating work, even when that means you’re delegating it to yourself.
ON THE PATH TO SUCCESS? FIND OUT!: Adam Toren with Entrepreneur lists eight signs you can use to check yourself and see if you’re on the path to success.
MADELEINE ALBRIGHT’S UNDIPLOMATIC MOMENT: Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright discusses a recent comment of her that went viral – and not for the right reasons.
DOES FAMILY = COMPLETE CALLING?: Elizabeth Moyer writes on The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog and talks about how God’s calling means different things for different people.
GET REAL: Dr. Travis Bradberry writes on LinkedIn and shares a list of unrealistic expectations we all place on ourselves that could end up doing us harm.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Members Only Event – February 24 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Speaker Series Lunch – February 25 @ 11:30AM
- Columbus – Downtown “Touch and Go” – February 26 @ 7:30AM
- Columbus – Worthington “Touch and Go” – February 26 @ 7:30AM
- Houston – Meet Up Monday – February 29 @ 5:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – February 29 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – First Thursday Luncheon – March 3 @ noon
- Tulsa – Quarterly Event – March 3 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – Good Friday Breakfast – March 25 @ 7:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Do you remember your first crush? All the weird and new feelings and thoughts that went along with that? Watch these kids discuss their crushes in the most adorable ways.
A Pinterest Find
Wondering what’s for dinner? We found 19 options that all take 30 minutes or less to make!