Your weekly roundup :: August 14 – August 18
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
We all struggle to prioritize rest in the midst of busy lives. Kaila Jurado, 4word woman and co-founder of BECOME , shares how she was challenged to implement a rhythm of rest into her life and how we can all stop glorifying busyness at the link below.
Our work, love, pray favorites
What’s currently weighing you down with fear or stress? May Busch offers four steps you can take to get your fears under control.
Whether you’ve personally dealt with this, or know someone experiencing it now, this article written by Lindsey Carlson for Christianity Today offers women comfort that they are not alone and gives them freedom to seek help.
Many of us (if not all) have asked this question. Dr. Art Lindsley with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics discusses our calling to the church and what that means about physical attendance.
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Kristi Tomlinson.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Northwest Austin – Small Group – August 20 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – August 22 @ 7:00AM
- South/Central Austin – Happy Hour – August 22 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Gathering – August 22 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – After-Work Gathering – August 22 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 24 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – Gathering – August 24 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – August 26 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet-Up Monday – August 28 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles – August Gathering – August 29 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – Prayer Meeting – August 29 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 31 @ 7:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek Breakfast – September 16 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!