What does it mean to be a “Pam” in your office? Are you trusting God’s purpose for you in your current situation, rather than always looking for the next thing? Jordan Johnstone reflects on how the hit TV show “The Office” can help us refocus in a less-than-ideal workplace, showing love and kindness to our colleagues.
Mentoring Monday radio show
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Stephanie Kaihoi.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- How to Be a Great Communicator – May Busch defines what it means to be a great communicator and three things you can do to become one.
- 3 Secrets to Lasting Friendships – Renee Swope asked two women – friends for sixty years – what their secret was, and they filled her in!
- The Importance of Craving Time – Carey Bailey writes about why craving time is a good thing and what giving ourselves that time does.
4word Woman Wins Dallas Leadership Award – Join us in congratulating 4word: Dallas member, Cynthia Nwaubani, on her Young Leader Award, presented by the Dallas Women’s Foundation and Capital One! This award recognizes breakthrough leadership exhibited by a woman under the age of 40 who is achieving success in a field, initiative, or sector, and creating a path of opportunity for other women to follow. We’re so proud of you, Cynthia!
8 Things Christians Need to Do More on Social Media – Neal Samudre argues that the internet doesn’t have to be a terrible place, if Christians did these eight things more!
Bad Manager Mistakes That Make Good People Quit – Dr. Travis Bradberry lists nine mistakes managers need to avoid if they want to keep their good team members.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge – Through your email – January 16- February 14
- San Diego – Gathering – February 10 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – February 10 @ 11:30AM
- Northern VA/Washington D.C. – Meetup with Beth Gable Hicks – February 13 @ 7:00PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – February 14 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Book Study – February 14 @ noon
- Austin – Austin 360 small group – February 16 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum small group – February 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – February 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – February Roundtable Luncheon – February 21 @ noon
- Houston – February Speaker Series Lunch – February 23 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant – Dallas Country Club – February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant – Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday Frisco – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – February 28 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – March 2 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – After Work Event with Jenni Catron – March 6 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – March 10 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: PennWell
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
PennWell Corporation is a cutting-edge media and events company responsible for covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, PennWell values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen. PennWell offers a comprehensive benefit and compensation package as well as a friendly and integrated culture with a business casual work environment.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed – Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.
Job #2: Digital Specialist
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
The Digital Specialist is responsible for the strategy and execution of marketing initiatives on behalf of our clients. This includes a mix of traditional and digital marketing strategies. The Digital Marketing Specialist will be part of our Marketing Solutions team that provides marketing expertise to a wide range of clients in multiple industries.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties.