What You Missed
As working women juggling busy schedules, it can be hard sometimes to make it to church every Sunday! While this isn’t something we should feel guilty about, it is important to consider how being committed to community at church can help nourish our hearts, and how our professionals skills can help further the Kingdom. Diane Paddison shares thoughts on how to give ourselves grace in tough times, plug into church and use our gifts well.
When Lisa Johnson’s daughter was molested at the age of six, their entire family went on a journey toward healing that has led to an incredible organization to help families going through situations just like theirs.
- How To Make Your Big Life Decisions – May Busch offers her advice for what to do when the time comes to make a life-altering decision.
- The Unique FOMO of Motherhood – Marlena Graves with Christianity Today talks about living in the tension between her dreams and her family’s needs.
- Fixer Upper’s Chip and Joanna Gaines’ Powerful Testimony – Chip and Joanna Gaines sat down on “I Am Second” to share their testimony about how they balance life with faith.
50 BEST APPS OF 2016: Time compiled a list of fifty best apps to come from 2016. Do you have any of these on your phone?
SUFFERING STRENGTHENS OUR SOULS: Joni Eareckson Tada writes on Christianity Today about how her nearly 50-year journey with quadriplegia has helped fortify her soul.
BEST DEPARTMENTS FOR WOMEN: Georgene Huang with Career Contessa shares a list of ten departments from which women report having the most job satisfaction.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Nashville – November Luncheon – November 9 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – November 9 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Fellowship and author Katelyn Beaty – November 9 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – November Luncheon – November 10 @ noon
- Tulsa – November Roundtable Luncheon – November 15 @ noon
- Phoenix – November Gathering – November 15 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – December Luncheon – December 1 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Holiday Party – December 5 @ 5:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Gathering – December 6 @ 5:30PM
- Portland – Christmas Cocktail Party – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- Chicago – Morning Fellowship – December 13 @ 7:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Clinical Vice President – Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement
Encompass Home Health & Hospice – Dallas, TX
Encompass Home Health & Hospice, repeatedly honored on a national and regional basis as a “Best Place to Work”, is seeking a Vice President of Quality Assurance & Performance Improvement to be responsible for improving quality of care and patient satisfaction for home health, hospice, and pediatric care.
Job #2: Part-Time Guitar and/or Piano Instructor
Music with Miriam – Dallas, TX area
Students that are a part of Music with Miriam are unique individuals that learn at a pace that best fits their needs and goals. Music with Miriam is seeking two teachers to provide private piano/guitar lessons in private residences in the Park Cities, Plano or Frisco, TX areas (can be tailored to teachers desired location).