Jennifer signed up for the 4word Mentor Program expecting to receive career advice. What she didn’t count on was having her life changed, inside and out.
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
As workplace culture and hierarchies change, mentorship sometimes needs to look different than the traditional definition to be effective. Hallie Graves, lawyer and director of Polished Austin, shares the story of her career journey and how she came to value mentors in the roles of big sister, model, and advocate.
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Lee Blaylock.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- Why Saying Nothing Might Be The Most Powerful Skill In The Workplace – Bryan Adams writes on Inc. and has five steps anyone can take to become a better active listener, employee, and leader.
- How Do I Explain Easter to My Children? – Amy Julia Becker writes on Christianity Today about how she approached the topic of Jesus’ death and resurrection with her children, and how you can have the same conversation.
- How to Share Your Faith Without It Being Awkward – Richard Hillier with Relevant Magazine lays out simple steps for sharing your faith with others, no matter where you are.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
Seeking Interns who Work, Love, Pray!: Are you a real, passionate, faithful woman who would love to be part of a global community of Christian women in the workplace? Click here to learn about current openings in the 4word: Intern Program!
7 Laws That Helped Women Make History in the Workforce: Tom Spiggle takes a closer look at seven laws that have helped pave the way for women to become a growing force in the workplace.
How to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done: May Busch offers hope to those of us who can’t seem to get through our to-do lists with four steps to making the “moving forward” part easier.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – Good Friday Breakfast – April 14 @ 7:00AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – “Work, Love, Pray” study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – April 17 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – April Luncheon and Sister Conversations – April 18 @ noon
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – “Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts” Event – April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Speaker Series Breakfast – April 20 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – April 22 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – April 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – May 4 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – May 9 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 11 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – May 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – May 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – May 15 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist-Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.