What You Missed
Sometimes our life circumstances leave us feeling like progress, let alone victory over our hardships, is impossible. Diane Paddison shares the unique story of Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of the acclaimed novel “Uncle Tom’s Cabin”, but also devoted wife and mother who underwent her share of trials before achieving success. She provides an encouraging example of how God meets us where we are in the midst of suffering, strengthening our faith and opening our hearts to His answer to prayer.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- What I Learned From Complete Burnout At Work – Tomasz Tunguz writes about the dramatic wake-up call that prompted him to get his priorities straight.
- Why Are Our Children So Anxious? – Corrie Cutrer investigates why children today are so riddled with anxiety.
- Stop Worrying About Being a ‘Good Person’ – Kelsi Klembara encourages readers to choose a different goal instead of just trying to be a “good person.”
You Need to Add ‘No More Faking Fine’ to Your Book List!: Esther Fleece recently released her new book, “No More Faking Fine: Ending the Pretending.” If you’re dealing with a hidden pain of any kind, this is the book for you. (We will be sharing our interviewing with Esther next month!)
How Should Christians Really Feel about Income?: Dr. Anne Bradley shares advice for how Christians should correctly regard income, wealth, and prosperity.
When Women Blame Men for Domestic Stress, They Miss the Big Picture: Anne Carlson Kennedy cites that an “invisible workload” is preventing women from being as free as men.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Bible Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- 4word 30-Day Kindness Challenge – Through your email – January 16- February 14
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – January 23 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – January 23 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – January 30 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – 2017 Kickoff – January 31 @ 5:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central small group – February 2 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – February Gathering with Pat Myers – February 8 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – February 10 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – February 14 @ 7:00AM
- Southlake – Book Study – February 14 @ noon
- Austin – Austin 360 small group – February 16 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum small group – February 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – February 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – February Roundtable Luncheon – February 21 @ noon
- Houston – February Speaker Series Lunch – February 23 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant – Dallas Country Club – February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant – Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – February 28 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties.
Job #2: Front End Web Developer
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
The PW3 front-end web developer is responsible for an evolving technology platform at PennWell. This Technical role requires strong front-end development skills and experience developing visually appealing and intuitive interfaces across multiple device sizes and types. Full-stack skills are a big plus.
Job #3: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed – Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.