When you’re just starting out in your career, there’s a lot to learn about navigating the workplace, getting organized, and excelling at what you do while also staying humble. Jordan Johnstone reflects on her first seven years out of college and offers applicable tips to help you communicate well, build relationships and even fail gracefully.
Mentoring Monday radio show
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Brenda Bertrand.
- How to Help Your Team (and Yourself) Feel Good at Work – May Busch shares her advice for ensuring everyone in your workplace feels like they’re part of the same “in crowd.”
- Love Isn’t the Same As Infatuation – Ana Bohr with Relevant Magazine explains why learning to differentiate between “love” and “infatuation” will save your relationship.
- Working Women Are Leaving the Church. Here’s How to Bring Them Back. – Diane Paddison writes on the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics blog about why professional women are disappearing from the church pews and what can be done.
Apply for the 4word Mentor Program Today!: Looking for mentorship? Interested in serving as a mentor? Applications are being accepted now for the Summer Session of the 4word Mentor Program! (Deadline to apply is April 21, 2017)
How to Realistically Take a Break During Your Workday: Kat Boogaard lists three ways you can help bulletproof your plan to take a break during the day.
Wanted: A Meaningful Job: Hugh Whelchel has three perspectives any professional can utilize when wondering if their job has any meaning.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- Tulsa – Book Study – March 25 @ 9:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – March 27 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – After Work Meetup – March 30 @ 5:30PM
- New York City – Happy Hour – April 4 @ 5:00PM
- Phoenix – Gathering – April 4 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Orange County – Launch event – April 10 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” book study – April 11 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – April 11 @ noon
- Nashville – After-Work Networking – April 13 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – “Work, Love, Pray” study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – “Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts” Event – April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: MedProperties Holdings, LLC
Location: Dallas, Texas
MedProperties Holdings, LLC (“MedProperties”) is a niche private real estate investment firm that invests exclusively in healthcare assets throughout the United States. Acquisitions and developments include: medical office buildings, single tenant specialty facilities such as, ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation, behavioral and specialty hospitals, and limited seniors housing.
The firm operates with high integrity to support their employees and investor base. The leadership team has decades of experience in all aspects of real estate investment, development, management, finance and banking. The company’s culture is entrepreneurial, flexible and enjoyable with high expectations. Everyone’s contributions are key.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Real Estate Analyst
MedProperties – Dallas, TX
The ideal candidate will have experience working in commercial real estate in an analyst role. This is a high visibility position to the C Suite and decision makers. This opportunity requires excellent communication skills to interface with investors and the team, ability to manage priorities, proactive workstyle to be able to contribute to the team, maturity and solid computer skills. The role will require a self-starter who is comfortable working independently, as well as collaboratively. The candidate’s work will be used in critical decision making, reporting, investor relations, among other functions.
Job #2: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties. These duties may include order processing/entry, price quotations, information input and management, RFP response, product training, scheduling appointments and/or other related tasks.