Your weekly roundup :: May 28 – June 1
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Resting isn’t optional. God created us to rest, and set the example Himself. What is one step you can take this week to prioritize rest? Do you think about resting as a command? How could knowing that God commands us to rest change your resting habits?
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Are you a real, passionate, faithful woman who would love to be part of a global community of Christian women in the workplace? 4word is currently searching for a Manager of Marketing, as well as interns! Click here for information on the Manager of Marketing position and click here for information on the 4word Intern Program.
Please direct applications and questions to Irrayna Uribe, Manager of Operations and Human Resources, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch offers her encouraging advice for any professional facing an uncertain time at work.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates warns couples against building their love on a foundation of need.
Shane Pruitt writes on Relevant Magazine asks Christians to consider if they are worshipping a “Play-Doh Jesus.”
Listen to the latest episode of the Mentoring Monday radio show, featuring Princella Nunez Stringer!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Houston – June Day of Rest – June 2 @ 10:00AM
- San Francisco – Career Salon – June 6 @ 6:00PM
- Seattle – June Gathering – June 7 @ 6:00PM
- San Diego – June Gathering – June 8 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Citywide Gathering – June 12 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – June Luncheon – June 12 @ 9:00AM
- Portland – June Luncheon – June 14 @ noon
- Chicago – June Luncheon – June 15 @ noon
- Denver – Monthly Gathering – June 15 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Summer Fling Networking Mixer – June 15 @ 5:30PM
- Southlake – June Yoga Pants and Coffee Hour – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – June Yoga Pant Coffee – June 16 @ 9:00AM
- New York – June Gathering – June 19 @ 6:30PM
- San Antonio – June Gathering – June 19 @ 11:45AM
- San Francisco – Meeting with Diane Paddison – June 19 @ 6:00PM
- Tulsa – June Luncheon and Sister Conversations – June 19 @ noon
- Detroit – June Gathering – June 21 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – Summer Series – June 21 @ 6:30PM
- Atlanta – Monthly Luncheon – June 21 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – June Meet-Up Monday – June 25 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – June Gathering – June 27 @ 11:30AM
- Charlotte – June Gathering – June 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Support Foster Village – June 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!