If you’ve been contemplating starting a mentorship in 2017, today is your LAST CHANCE to apply to be a mentee or mentor in the upcoming session of the 4word Mentor Program. Partner with a Christian woman and see how mentorship can change your life for the better!
What You Missed :: latest from 4word
Are you looking for an intentional relationship? Mentorship offers the chance to not only set goals and align your professional priorities, but an opportunity to give and receive wisdom about life and faith. One of 4word’s former mentor/mentee matches shares their advice for others starting a mentorship journey.
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Ann Lovett-Baird.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- Making The Most Of Your Business Mentor – James Caan shares on The Huffington Post his tips for getting the most bang for your mentorship buck.
- 6 Tech Habits Changing the American Home – Barna Group performed a study based off of parents’ belief that raising today’s children is growing increasingly difficult. Their reasoning behind this belief: technology.
- When You’ve Been Wronged – Deidra Riggs writes on Christianity Today and tackles the sensitive topic of choosing forgiveness over justice.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
Why Being A Mentor Might Just Change Your Life: Steve Blakeman ruminates on his own mentor status and shares three reasons why his mentorship experience has been so uplifting.
What Feminism Owes to the Protestant Reformation: Rachel Marie Stone encourages modern-day feminists to recognize and pay homage to their Protestant forerunners.
7 Important Qualities Your Next Mentor Needs to Have: Lolly Daskal lays out qualities you should look for in your career “secret weapon:” your mentor.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Tulsa – Book Study – April 22 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – April 25 @ 5:30PM
- San Antonio – Conversation about 4word – April 25 @ 6:00PM
- Atlanta – Gathering at Cheryl Bachelder’s home – April 27 @ 7:00PM
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
- Washington, D.C. – Simplicity Gathering – April 29 @ 1:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – May 4 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – May 9 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – May 9 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – May Luncheon – May 11 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – May 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – May 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – May 15 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – May 18 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist-Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.