Happy Friday, 4word friends! Check out our favorite articles, video, and pin before heading off to your weekend!
FAITH & WORK CONNECTIONS: On October 14, 2014, 4word woman Erin Botsford will be a featured speaker at the Dallas Faith & Work Connections event, hosted by The Institute for Faith, Work, & Economics. The event will take place at Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, TX, from 6:30PM-9:00PM. If you’re in the Dallas area, reserve your tickets here.
5 NEAR-FATAL MISTAKES: May Busch shares five mistakes that she personally has made in her career, and urges you to learn from her struggles and identify these potential pitfalls in your life before it’s too late.
EVERY BOSS NEEDS TO READ THIS. NOW.: Inc. created an infographic that illustrates 10 team motivation killers that most bosses are guilty of, and some don’t even know they are!
MOST POWERFUL WOMEN ON TWITTER: To go along with the recent release of Fortune’s Most Powerful Women in 2014, Investor Place has
compiled a list of 10 powerful women on Twitter that you should be following.
Video of the Week
Fall means different things in different areas of the country, but overall, everyone thinks of pumpkins and apples. If you live in Oregon, here is a great weekend fall activity you can take with your family and friends.
- Most Powerful Women 2014 – Fortune Magazine shares their list of Most Powerful Women in Business for 2014. Recognize anyone on the list?
- Signs of a Cheater – Joy Eggerichs shares warning signs that couples can look for during their dating relationship that might indicate unfaithfulness down the road, from either partner.
- When I Don’t Know What To Say About My Singleness – Candice Gage writes on Single Roots about her struggle to find fulfillment in her life and learning to rely on God to author our lives.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Lunchtime Round Table Discussion – October 13 @ noon
- San Diego – Lunch Discussion – October 15 @ 11:30AM
- Seattle – Morning Coffee Gathering – October 18 @ 9:00AM
- Washington D.C. – Jennifer Marshall – October 21 @ 7:00PM
- Atlanta – Jenifer Johnson – October 30 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Lunch Out – November 10 @ noon
- San Diego – Lunch Discussion – November 12 @ 11:30AM
- Los Angeles – Book Discussion – November 15 @ 1:00PM
- Denver – Launch Event – November 18 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Luncheon – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 7 @ 4:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
A Pinterest Find
Soups are a cold fall evening dinner staple. Here’s a copycat recipe for a favorite from Panera that you can make right in your own kitchen: Broccoli Cheese Soup.
Want “Friday Faves” sent directly to your inbox every week? Click the button below to sign up!