Your weekly roundup :: February 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Skip the flowers and chocolates — give her the chance to hear from Joanna Gaines’ design lead and HGTV’s co-founder!
Don’t go with the same old Valentine’s Day routine this year. Give both of you a treat with a weekend away in Dallas, TX, to celebrate 4word’s impact on women in the workplace! Spend the evening with us on March 2 at the Renaissance Hotel in Dallas, Texas, and enjoy a night filled with powerful speakers — Susan Packard, co-founder of HGTV, and Laura Tucker, Joanna Gaines’ design lead — telling truly inspirational stories.
In a given day, hour or any given moment – sometimes we feel like our emotions are about to get the best of us. In our latest blog we’ll talk about how to address these emotions in the workplace and how to balance it all!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Brenda Bertrand, communications specialist and life coach, joins the podcast to dive into emotions and their role in the workplace. Brenda shares from the heart about how to find that healthy emotional balance that will benefit you and your office. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Samantha Schmidt with The Washington Post shares findings from a recent study that show successful women rely on other women to reach leadership roles.
Marianne Stenger with Career Contessa gives her advice for keeping life inside and outside the office separated.
Nicole Waters with Red Letter Christians encourages all of us to not just tidy up our homes but go beyond that and shift our view of “enough.”
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Kathi Laughman!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Colorado Springs – February Happy Hour – February 8 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Journal2Success Psalm 139 – February 8 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – February Luncheon – February 8 @ 11:30AM
- Willow Creek/Chicago – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – February 9 @ 9:00AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee February Gathering – February 9 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden – February 9 @ 10:00AM
- Philadelphia – Chester County – February 11 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – February Power Breakfast February 12 @ 7:00AM
- Detroit – February Gathering – February 12 @ 6:00PM
- Phoenix – Happy Hour Gathering – February 12 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – February Lunch – February 12 @ noon
- Philadelphia – Mid-Town/Market East – February 13 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – February Business Owners Breakfast – February 15 @ 8:00AM
- Nashville – Young Professionals Galentines Gathering – February 15 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – Coffee and Yoga Pants Meet Up – February 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – February 17 @ 6:00PM
- NYC – February Gathering – February 19 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – February Luncheon – February 19 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group – February 20 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – February Gathering – February 20 @ 11:30AM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District – February 20 @ 7:30AM
- Dallas – February Rolling Happy Hour – February 21 @ 6:30PM
- Willow Creek/Chicago – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – February 23 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – February After-Work Meet Up North – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – February After-Work Meet Up South – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Springfield – February Gathering – February 26 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley February Gathering – February 28 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!