Your weekly roundup :: January 7 – 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Happy New Year! Join us this month as we talk about managing change and transition. Everyone experiences a shift in their lives at some point, so let’s learn together how best to respond when we find ourselves staring into the unknown of transition.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
The deadline for the next 4word Mentor Program class is TODAY! Start the year off with a mentor, hand-picked for you and your personal goals for 2019. Click here to sign up!
Patty Ross, a former Nike executive and now Apple executive, talks about how an early mentor helped her “believe what she didn’t see about herself” which helped her through a major transition.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Vivian Nunez with ForbesWomen interviews Nike VP Andrea Perez for her reasoning behind prioritizing mentorship.
Kelley Mathews with Crosswalk encourages women within the church to seek out opportunities to pour into the younger generation desperate for leadership.
Relevant Magazine highlights recent tweets from Beth Moore and the honest issue they shine a light on.
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Diane Paddison!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – January Luncheon – January 11 @ 11:30AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee Kickoff – January 12 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden January Gathering – January 12 @ 10:00AM
- NYC – January Gathering – January 15 @ 7:00PM
- San Antonio – January Luncheon – January 15 @ 11:45AM
- Detroit – January Gathering – January 16 @ 6:00PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District January Gathering – January 16 @ 7:30AM
- Chicago – Lunch Discussion – January 18 @ noon
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley January Gathering – January 22 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – South After-Work Meet Up – January 24 @ 5:30PM
- Detroit – Doing Well Conference – January 26 @ 9:00AM
- Houston – January Gathering – Kick-off Social – January 24 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – January North After-Work Meet Up – January 28 @ 5:30PM
- Bay Area – San Francisco | Joint with NCS – January 29 @ 6:00PM
- Colorado Springs – HAPPY New Year Gathering – January 29 @ 6:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!