New 4word Givers receive a receive a FREE 4word Christmas Tree Ornament commemorating your involvement in 2016!
To “Give 4word,” click the button below!
What You Missed
Mondays with Diane
Your Career Path Isn’t Set In Stone
Do you sometimes feel like your career is a sprint instead of a steadily-paced marathon? It’s easy to allow feelings of “burn out” at work to shape our career decisions, but they may not always inspire choices that are best for us long-term. Diane Paddison shares tips for taking the “long view” and keeping faith, service, health and humility at the forefront of our work and personal lives.
A Light for God in Hollywood
When Shari Rigby arrived in Los Angeles to pursue an acting career, she never could have imagined the plan God had for her to impact the lives of other women looking to make it big in Hollywood.
Mentoring Monday radio show
Click here to listen to this week’s episode
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Brenda Bertrand.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
April and Mark Anthony
Reliant at Home
Erin and Bob Botsford
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Cindy Brinker Simmons
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
- Work and Gender: This Research Might Surprise You – Neena Newbury writes on LinkedIn about a recent study that discovered whether people preferred to work in mixed gender groups or same gender groups.
- Slow Down for Advent – Debbie Jansen writes on Today’s Christian Woman and offers six tips for incorporating the meaning of Advent into your family’s life.
- Want Real Change in the Country? It Starts With the Church. – Chris Smith and John Pattison write on Relevant Magazine and discuss how Christians can help set a new direction for a divided nation.
FEMALE LEADERS NEEDED: Judith Rodin writes on LinkedIn and explains why we need women in leadership positions now more than ever.
CONGRATS TO FRESHBENIES!: The Dallas 100 list named freshbenies one of the fastest-growing private companies in North Texas. SMU ranks companies according to increased growth in sales, both by absolute dollar and percentage of growth. Their first year on the list, freshbenies, co-owned by 4word supporters Heidi and Reid Rasmussen, came in at #30.
MOTIVATION RITUALS: Eric Barker writes on Time and lists three “rituals” anyone looking to find (and keep) their motivation can implement.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – Gathering – December 2 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Christmas Open House – December 5 @ 4:30PM
- Houston – Holiday Party – December 5 @ 5:00PM
- Phoenix – Christmas Gathering – December 6 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – After Hours Event with Diane Paddison – December 7 @ 5:30PM
- Nashville – Breakfast Event featuring Kelly McDermott – December 10 @ 8:00AM
- Portland – Christmas Cocktail Party – December 10 @ 4:00PM
- Dallas – Christmas Party – December 11 @ 4:00PM
- Chicago – Morning Fellowship – December 13 @ 7:00AM
- Oklahoma City – Informational Gathering – December 13 @ 7:00PM
- Columbus – December Gathering – December 14 @ 5:30PM
- Tulsa – December Roundtable Luncheon – December 20 @ noon
- San Diego – Gathering – January 6 @ 11:30AM
- Phoenix – January Gathering – January 10 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: PennWell
Location: Tulsa, OK
PennWell Corporation is a cutting-edge media and events company responsible for covering a variety of industries where decision-makers across the world look first to gain the leading edge in their markets. With a fast-paced and growth-oriented environment, PennWell values exceptional performance and recognizes the outstanding people who work together to make success happen. PennWell offers a comprehensive benefit and compensation package as well as a friendly and integrated culture with a business casual work environment.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Senior Developer
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
The Senior Developer will help configure, enhance, and support the MAPSearch software and data platform. The Senior Developer will be responsible for interpreting and understanding software specifications provided by the Software Architect based on functional requirements created by the business. The Senior Developer will code and test to specification using Silverlight, ASP.Net, and other web-based technologies. The developer will improve as needed or help design complex solutions with other team members as necessary.
Job #2: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist – Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
Job #3: Director of Payroll
USCF Benioff – Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.