Your weekly roundup :: April 8 – 12
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
We would love to have you join us for our summer session of the 4word Mentor Program! This 10-week program pairs each mentee with a hand-picked 4word mentor, a Christian woman who’s walked a path similar to yours and can help guide you down your own.
If you’ve been looking for some career guidance from a Christian perspective, sign up for the 4word Mentor Program by May 3!
You matter. It’s simple. But sometimes working in an environment that’s filled with non-believers can be a challenge. In our latest blog, Dr. Mollie Bond talks about how to overcome the challenge and realize that you matter!
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Listen to this month’s episode, Take Tips From Esther When Battling Imposter Syndrome feat. Kathleen Cooke
Who are you, really? In this episode of Work, Love, Pray, producer, author, and 4word Advisory Board member Kathleen Cooke shares how she has learned to identify and be confident in who she is, and how Esther from the Bible offers some inspiration for overcoming imposter syndrome. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Lindsey Stanberry with Refinery29 interviews six female founders to learn their stories about maternity leave and how it shaped the companies they started.
Tyler Edwards with Relevant Magazine talks about the apostle Paul’s view of singleness and why we should view this time in our lives as a gift.
Trevor Badorrek with The Institute for Faith, Work & Economics shares his advice for teaching ourselves contentment to get us through anything life brings us.
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Donna Carlson!
Diane Paddison will be interviewing Mary Coucher, VP of Sales, Systems Channels at IBM, at the Harvard Club of New York City on Tuesday, April 16, at 6:00PM. Come enjoy an intimate dinner and hear Mary’s story of incredible professional success, personal heartache, and how her faith helped her navigate her career. It will be an inspirational night for all! Click here to register to attend!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – North Dallas Journal2Success – April 12 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – April Luncheon – April 12 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – April 13 @ 9:00AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee Gathering – April 13 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – April 13 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group Gathering – April 14 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group Gathering – April 16 @ TBD
- New York City – Special Event Guest – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – April Luncheon – April 16 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group Gathering – April 17 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Why 4word? Membership and Mentorship Drive – April 17 @ TBD
- Detroit – April Gathering – April 17 @ 5:00PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – April 17 @ 7:30AM
- Twin Cities – April Lunch – April 17 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Small Group Gathering – April 18 @ TBD
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – April 20 @ 9:00AM
- Springfield – April Gathering – April 23 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley April Social – April 25 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – Spring Quarterly Gathering – April 25 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – April Luncheon – April 26 @ noon
- Nashville – Young Professional Enneagram Gathering – April 26 @ 6:00PM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley April Gathering – April 27 @ TBD
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – April 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!