Your weekly roundup :: March 25 – 29
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
How many times have you told your family member or best friend, “You need to take care of yourself!” But let’s be honest, are you taking care of YOURself? It’s so easy for us to tell others what they should do, yet it’s hard for us to take care of the person you see in the mirror while brushing your teeth. Read why setting boundaries can be a form of self-care, in this week’s blog.
Did you know our Monday blogs are now available in Spanish? If you or someone you know is interested in receiving these blogs each week, click here.
Overworked, overstressed, and over it? It’s time to let boundaries into your life. Dr. Mollie Bond, the Director of Foundation and Corporate Relations for Moody Bible Institute, shares her tips for creating and protecting space in your life at work, in your personal life, and within your church community. Hosted by Jordan Johnstone.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Michelle Fox with CNBC investigates why working mothers and their paychecks are being penalized.
Debra Fileta with True Love Dates lists five differences or traits that can add stress to a marriage and how couples can work through them.
Jason Mitchell with Relevant Magazine explains why Christians sometimes fall into the trap of expecting a perfect and painless life to be given to them just because they want it, when in reality, an easy life is not something we’ve been promised by God.
Listen to the latest episode of Mentoring Monday, featuring Lisa Lewis!
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Dallas – Journal2Success – March 29 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago/Willow Creek – “Work, Love, Pray” Leadership Series – March 30 @ 9:00AM
- San Diego – La Jolla April Gathering – April 2 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Rolling Happy Hour – April 4 @ 6:00PM
- Houston – “Social Media for Professionals” Gathering – April 4 @ 6:00PM
- Seattle – April Gathering – April 4 @ 6:30PM
- Austin – Called: A Faith and Work Conference for Women – April 5 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – TRUE Dallas Journal2Success – April 5 @ 6:30PM
- Dallas – Central Dallas Journal2Success – April 5 @ 6:30PM
- Baltimore – April Gathering – April 8 @ 6:30PM
- Philadelphia – Chester County Gathering – April 8 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – April Power Breakfast – April 9 @ 7:30AM
- Colorado Springs – April Business Owners Breakfast – April 9 @ 8:00AM
- Phoenix – April Happy Hour – April 9 @ 6:00PM
- Southlake – April Lunch – April 9 @ noon
- Austin – Lago Vista Small Group – April 10 @ TBD
- Philadelphia – Mid-Town/Market East Gathering – April 10 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – North Dallas Journal2Success – April 12 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – April Luncheon – April 12 @ 11:30AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – April 13 @ 9:00AM
- Milwaukee – Metro Milwaukee Gathering – April 13 @ 9:30AM
- Philadelphia – Fairmont/Spring Garden Gathering – April 13 @ 10:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group Gathering – April 14 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Bee Cave/Lakeway Small Group Gathering – April 16 @ TBD
- New York City – Special Event Guest – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – April Luncheon – April 16 @ 11:45AM
- Austin – Cedar Park Small Group Gathering – April 17 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Why 4word? Membership and Mentorship Drive – April 17 @ TBD
- Detroit – April Gathering – April 17 @ 5:00PM
- Philadelphia – Old City/Historic District Gathering – April 17 @ 7:30AM
- Twin Cities – April Lunch – April 17 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Central Small Group Gathering – April 18 @ TBD
- Southlake – Coffee & Yoga Pant Meetup – April 20 @ 9:00AM
- Springfield – April Gathering – April 23 @ 11:30AM
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley April Social – April 25 @ TBD
- Colorado Springs – Spring Quarterly Gathering – April 25 @ 6:30PM
- Chicago – April Luncheon – April 26 @ noon
- Bay Area – Silicon Valley April Gathering – April 27 @ TBD
- Chicago – Willow Creek “Work, Love, Pray” Series – April 27 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!