What You Missed
Work is something which often defines us, whether we meant for it to or not. Lori Berry discusses her journey through job transitions, balancing family and rediscovering her identity.
Every day, we are bombarded with enticing invitations to stray from the path God has placed before us and enter into sinful and life-altering situations. Ines Franklin, the president and founder of Trochia Ministries, an online Christian discipleship ministry, talks with us today about her story of redemption from adultery and how she uses this painful time in her life to help others.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to email@example.com to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Remington Hospitality Services
Location: Dallas, TX
Remington Hotels is one of the largest, privately held hotel management companies in the U.S. As a world class leader operating over 90 + hotels (Marriott, Hilton and Starwood) and over 17,000 hotel rooms in 27 states, our Guiding Principles, key hotel drivers and our Associates contribute to Remington having been consistently recognized among many of the world’s best lodging brands for our operational expertise and guest service results.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Senior Project Manager
Remington Hospitality Services – Dallas, TX
Remington Hospitality Services is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to be a part of a dynamic, values driven company which is committed to growth and has a strong “promote from within” philosophy.
Job #2: Assistant Production Coordinator
Spirit Media – Clackamas, OR
Assistant Production Coordinator responsibilities include the comprehensive management of live and web events; from pre-production to event execution to post-event debrief. This is a full-time position located in Clackamas, Oregon.
Job #3: Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting
Undisclosed – Dallas, TX
A global DFW company is searching for an experienced Senior Manager of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting.
Expresit is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Expresit will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every feedback given with 4word as the affiliation (up to $5 per day!). Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Expresit app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
- What Women Want From the Workplace: An End to Sexism – Cord Himelstein with Entrepreneur offers his advice for ending workplace sexism and bringing more unity to the office.
- The Problem in Your Marriage Isn’t What You Think – Malinda Fuller with Relevant Magazine lists four ways you might be ruining your marriage without realizing you are.
- Why I Want to Leave the Church – Camerin Courtney writes on Today’s Christian Woman about why a brief break from attending church on Sunday caused her to wonder if getting back into a weekly routine of going to church was worth it.
NEED A MENTOR? OR KNOW SOMEONE WHO DOES?: The next 4word Mentor Program session is now taking applications! The deadline to apply is April 22, 2016. Don’t miss this invaluable opportunity to get a mentor and get started on achieving your professional goals.
CHANGE THIS BAD HABIT: Abby Roskind with Career Contessa writes about a single bad habit that all of us need to change.
MASTER CONFLICT: Dr. Travis Bradberry writes on LinkedIn about handling conflict assertively, even if you’re more of a reserved individual.
BAD LEADER VS. GOOD LEADER: WomenWorking shares a video comparing these two very different types of leaders.
WANT A BETTER NIGHT’S SLEEP?: Arianna Huffington writes on Time and lists four ways she believes you can improve your chances of getting excellent sleep tonight.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Portland – First Thursday Luncheon – April 7 @ noon
- Dallas – Addison Book Study – April 12 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Southlake Book Study – April 12 @ noon
- Portland – Panel Discussion – April 12 @ 6:00PM
- Columbus – Panel Event – April 13 @ 4:30PM
- Houston – Breakfast Speaker Series – April 14 @ 7:30AM
- Houston – Meet Up Monday – April 18 @ 5:00PM
- Tulsa – Roundtable Luncheon – April 19 @ noon
- Phoenix – After Work Event With Diane Paddison – April 20 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Membership Drive – April 21 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Girls Night In – April 27 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – Luncheon with Diane Paddison – April 29 @ 11:30AM
- Sewing Hope Foundation in Dallas – Meet Sister Rosemary Nyirumbe – May 1 @ 5:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
Do you consider storytelling a powerful professional tool? 4word Advisory Board member Sarah-Jane Murray does, and she shares why in this TEDxSantaCruz Talk.
A Pinterest Find
Feel like salad but don’t really want lettuce? Here are 40 options just for you!