Your weekly roundup :: September 4 – 8
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Have you ever wondered if you have a purpose? Or just what that purpose is? This month, we’re talking all about purpose and how you can discover the purposes God has given you. Here are a few questions to ask as you start seeking your own unique purpose this month.
Our work, love, pray favorites
May Busch offers her advice for steering clear of comparison and learning to embrace your exploratory role in life.
Jen Pollock Michel writes on Christianity Today and discusses the rise in “bailing” and whether or not this byproduct of busyness is Christian.
Jim Denison lists three drives behind why we all work, and shares the most important drive we should all keep in mind.
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Kristi Tomlinson.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – Gathering – September 8 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – September 8 @ noon
- Austin – Quarterly City-Wide Gathering – September 11 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Power Breakfast in the City – September 12 @ 7:00AM
- Nashville – Rising Strong Book Study – September 12 @ noon
- Southlake – Monthly Lunch – September 12 @ noon
- Austin – Lakeway Small Group – September 12 @ 6:30PM
- 4word Giving Day – All-day Online Event – September 14
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 14 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 14 @ 7:30AM
- Portland – September Luncheon – September 14 @ noon
- Phoenix – Pay It 4word Giving Day & Happy Hour Celebration – September 14 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Yoga Pant Coffee – September 16 @ 9:00AM
- Chicago – Willow Creek Breakfast – September 16 @ 9:00AM
- Austin – Northwest Small Group – September 17 @ 6:00PM
- San Antonio – Gathering – September 19 @ 11:30AM
- Nashville – Book Study – September 19 @ noon
- Tulsa – September Luncheon and Sister Conversations – September 19 @ noon
- Chicago – Authenticity in the Workplace event – September 19 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 21 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 21 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – North Small Group – September 21 @ noon
- Tulsa – Fall Retreat – September 22 @ 5:00PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – September 25 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – September 26 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Days of Heaven on Earth Bible Study – September 28 @ 7:00AM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – September 28 @ 7:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – September 30 @ 9:00AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!