Your weekly roundup :: August 7 – August 11
As you head into your weekend, here are a few articles from the past week we thought you might enjoy.
Resting is not just about getting more sleep. Rest is about replenishing your soul, your relationships, and your reason for existing on this earth. Read this week’s blog to learn more about the importance of rest and how you can build a rhythm of rest into your life.
Our work, love, pray favorites
Kathleen McAuliffe with Career Contessa urges you to stop trying to run at maximum speed all day, every day, and instead adopt an 80/20 mindset.
Mike and Tammy Oswalt share their marriage story (so far!) and list four “life lessons” they’ve learned along the way.
Kelli B. Trujillo with Christianity Today interviews Joni Eareckson Tada and talks about the accident that changed her life 50 years ago.
Our latest “Mentoring Monday” radio show featured Naomi Inman.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- San Diego – Gathering – August 11 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at Preston Center – August 11 @ noon
- Tulsa – August Luncheon and Sister Conversations – August 15 @ noon
- San Diego – Summer Social and Concert – August 16 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 17 @ 7:30AM
- Dallas – Mentor Program Event – August 17 @ 6:00PM
- Northwest Austin – Small Group – August 20 @ 6:00PM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – August 22 @ 7:00AM
- South/Central Austin – Happy Hour – August 22 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Gathering – August 22 @ 6:00PM
- Nashville – After-Work Gathering – August 22 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 24 @ 7:30AM
- Phoenix – Gathering – August 24 @ 11:30AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – August 26 @ 9:00AM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet-Up Monday – August 28 @ 5:00PM
- Los Angeles – August Gathering – August 29 @ 6:00PM
- New York City – Prayer Meeting – August 29 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Galleria Bible Study – August 31 @ 7:30AM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Want to receive the “Friday Faves” blog (and our other blogs) directly in
your inbox? Click here to sign up!