What You Missed
There are quite a few spiritual disciplines that would bring us closer to God. Lori Berry shares which spiritual habits we would be wise to stick to this year and beyond.
Ever wanted to lead a more organized life that left you feeling more accomplished, too? Entrepreneur Whitney English shares her advice for doing just that!
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Marketplace Chaplains
Marketplace Chaplains USA is a non-profit religious organization that provides an employee care service to businesses through the ministerial services of Christian Chaplains.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Executive Administrative Assistant – Marketing Department
Marketplace Chaplains – U.S.A.
The Administrative Assistant to the Marketing Department utilizes spiritual gifts and talents as an innovative, effective full-time servant-leader engaged in supporting the Marketing department and all of its services, functions and initiatives.
Job #2: Assistant Production Coordinator
Spirit Media – Clackamas, OR
As Assistant Production Coordinator, responsibilities include the comprehensive management of live and web events; from pre-production to event execution to post- event debrief. You will also be responsible for the coordination of Spirit Media marketing projects and video projects from scheduling crew and equipment to managing media assets.
Job #3: Digital Marketing Manager
Work in tandem with the team to implement, track and optimize our digital marketing campaigns across all channels. Then repeat this until market domination is achieved! The Digital Marketing Manager reports to and works directly with the freshbenies Co-Founder & COO.
Expresit is an app that allows you to honor the heroes and achievers in your life with just a few taps! By partnering with 4word, Expresit will automatically donate $1 to 4word for every feedback given with 4word as the affiliation (up to $5 per day!). Getting started is simple. Just click one of the buttons on the right to download the Expresit app to your Apple or Android device, select 4word from the drop-down menu in the Affiliation field of your profile, and you’re all set!
- 4 Traits of an Ideal Teammate – Molly Fletcher lists what she thinks are traits that constitute the kind of teammate anyone would want to have.
- Married Entrepreneurs Must Do This or Risk Divorce – Kim Lachance Shandrow with Entrepreneur talks with Kevin O’Leary from Shark Tank to learn his one-step secret for avoiding divorce.
- What We Get Wrong About ‘In the World, Not of the World’ – Jesse Carey with Relevant Magazine cautions Christians to not overlook the actual meaning of this popular phrase.
NEED HELP ACCOMPLISHING YOUR GOALS?: May Busch lists six ways you can start and finish accomplishing your goals for the new year.
WHAT WOULD YOUR NAME BE TODAY?: Chris Wilson with Time shares a fun tool using data from the Social Security Administration. See what your name would be if you were born today!
WHY WOMEN GET HELD BACK: Melissa Puls writes on Fortune about the single surprising reason why some many women find themselves getting held back in their workplace.
EVEN FICTIONAL WOMEN CAN’T BE THE BOSS: Alicia Adamczyk with Money analyzes the recently announced Oscar nominations and makes a (sadly) not very surprising discovery regarding the fictional female roles nominated.
CONTAGIOUS BEHAVIOR: Will Yakowicz with Inc. urges managers and team leaders to give their behavior a quick check up, lest they pass down a nasty bug to their team.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Houston – Meet Up Monday – January 25 @ 5:00PM
- Denver – Small Group Event – January 28 @ 7:00PM
- D.C./Northern Virginia – Coffee Meet-Up – January 30 @ 10:00AM
- Denver – Small Group Event – February 2 @ 6:45 PM
- Nashville – February Luncheon – February 10 @ 11:00AM
- Chicago – Breakfast and Discussion – February 11 @ 7:00AM
- Tulsa – February Luncheon – February 16 @ TBD
- Houston – Speaker Series Lunch – February 25 @ 11:30AM
- Houston – Meet Up Monday – February 29 @ 5:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Video of the Week
When this little boy’s dog ran away, he assumed he’d never see him again. Watch as he’s unexpectedly reunited.
A Pinterest Find
Looking to your house in order? Here are 15 ridiculously easy “organization hacks.”