Congratulations to our 4word survey giveaway winners!
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete our survey! We are so grateful for your time and insight, and are very excited to roll out some new things for you very soon.
A big congrats to our survey giveaway winners! Sport your 4word swag proudly!
Grand prize winner: Cheryl F.
Runner-up #1 winner: Cristina G.
Runner-up #2 winner: Brenda R.
Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be linked to being in a relationship or romantic gestures. 4word’s Rachel Sherburne opens up about how the kindness and authenticity of good friends during a hard time helped her reframe the way she thinks about the holiday, and led her back to celebrating the true love she has in Christ!
Mentoring Monday radio show
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Suzanne Reed.
Thank You To Our Sponsors!
We would like to thank our “That’s What Love Is 4” Gala and Celebration Dinner sponsors
Lisa and Clay Cooley
April and Mark Anthony
Erin and Bob Botsford
Gene and Jerry Jones Family Foundation
Reliant at Home
Lisa and Kenny Troutt
Kathleen and Bob Gray
Ka and LL Cotter & Kathyrn and David Waldrep
Melisa and JF Denis
Gemini Rosemont & Jones Day
Marci and Stan Johnson
Patricia and Lou Myers
Diane and Chris Paddison
Pickens Ridnour, LP & Trocchio Advantage
Locke Lord, LLP
Tandy and Lee Roy Mitchell
Sue Sullins, Brenda Teele & Wendy Whiteman
We would also like to thank our “That’s What Love is 4” Awards Luncheon and Celebration sponsors to-date:
Global Media Outreach
Kathryn and Gerald Tack
The Richards Group
Texas Floor Covering
- Do You Need Help Building Your Network? – May Busch offers her hard-earned advice on starting and building your network.
- The Real Truth about Romance & ‘Boring’ Men — and the Women who Love Them – Ann Voskamp spells out the damage “viral” love is doing to the world’s definition of romance.
- IFWE’s Top Ten Blogs Since 2012 – In tribute to their editor, Greg Ayers, the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics compiled their top ten blogs since 2012, including “Why Are Working Women Starting to Unplug from Their Churches?” by 4word board member, Sandra Crawford Williamson.
8 Things You Should Never Say to Your Single Friends – If you’re saying these things to the single people in your life, Krysti Wilkinson suggests you stop.
God Doesn’t Need You to Try So Hard – Jennie Allen has a spiritual lesson for all of the chronic achievers out there.
U.S. Economy Adds More Than 200,000 New Jobs – More Americans are looking for work, leading to a low unemployment rate and hope for the future of our economy.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Virtual Book Study – With Lisa Clements – January through March
- Austin – North/Arboretum small group – February 19 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis small group – February 20 @ 6:30PM
- Tulsa – February Roundtable Luncheon – February 21 @ noon
- Houston – February Speaker Series Lunch – February 23 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Awards Luncheon and Celebration with Amy Grant – Dallas Country Club – February 24 @ 11:30AM
- “That’s What Love is 4″ Gala and Celebration Dinner with Amy Grant – Lisa and Kenny Troutt Residence (Dallas) – February 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday Frisco – February 27 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – February 28 @ 5:30PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – March 2 @ 5:30PM
- San Diego – Lunch and Play – March 5 @ 2:00PM
- Nashville – After Work Event with Jenni Catron – March 6 @ 5:30PM
- San Francisco – Managing Relationships – March 7 @ 7:30PM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – March 10 @ 11:30AM
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital
Location: Oakland, California
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Graphic Design Lead
PennWell – Nashua, NH
PennWell is looking for a Graphic Design Lead to create designs from initial planning stage to delivery, adhering to design briefs and instructions, and established brand guidelines. Multi-task various small and large-scale assignments, and to assist other designers in supporting roles when required. This position will act as liason between other designers and clients.
Job #3: Accountant/Office Manager
Undisclosed – Richardson, TX
A growing company is seeking an Accountant/Office Manager to perform the daily financial duties using Quickbooks, payroll and data entry. The Office Manager will also be responsible for coordinating team events, have a strong attention to detail as well as be an independent/self starter.