Over 20 years ago, Lysa TerKeurst sat on the living room floor with some of her closest friends putting together a newsletter to encourage Christian women. Today, that newsletter has flourished into Proverbs 31 Ministries, reaching millions of women around the world. Lysa talks with us about how to prioritize saying “yes” to God in the midst of a busy life and invites us to learn to rest more deeply in His love.
Mentoring Monday radio show
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Kathryn Tack.
- Getting More Women into the C-Suite Means Keeping Them in the Talent Pipeline – Sally Blount, Dean at the Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, writes on LinkedIn Pulse and offers her insight into how companies can recruit and keep more women.
- The Key to Raising Kind Kids – Rebecca Randall with Christianity Today shares the advice of Harvard psychologist Richard Weissbourd and what he says parents should do if they want to have empathetic children.
- How to Cultivate Purpose During Difficult Times – Aleah Eileen Milliner with Darling Magazine offers her tips for using a difficult time in your life to refocus your journey.
Apply for the 4word Mentor Program Today!: Looking for mentorship? Interested in serving as a mentor? Applications are now being accepted for the upcoming session of the 4word Mentor Program, which starts May 19th! (Deadline to apply is April 21, 2017.)
Celebrating Cheryl Bachelder’s Shining Example of Christian Leadership: For over 30 years, Cheryl Bachelder has led numerous companies with an amazing example of Christian leadership. Now, as she steps down as CEO of Popeye’s Louisiana Kitchen, Inc., she shares how her upbringing shaped the values — and ultimately the success — that she brought to the workplace.
Why Most People Never Achieve Their Dreams: May Busch encourages anyone looking to achieve their dreams to adopt one simple practice: put yourself forward.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- New York City – Happy Hour – April 4 @ 5:00PM
- Phoenix – Gathering – April 4 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – April 6 @ 5:30PM
- Seattle – Launch event – April 6 @ 6:30PM
- Portland – At “Women Doing Well” – April 7 @ 8:00AM
- Orange County – Launch event – April 10 @ 6:30PM
- Nashville – “Rising Strong” book study – April 11 @ noon
- Southlake – Book Study – April 11 @ noon
- Portland – April Luncheon – April 13 @ noon
- Nashville – After-Work Networking – April 13 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – Good Friday Breakfast – April 14 @ 7:00AM
- San Diego – Gathering – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Preston Center Book Study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- San Diego – “Work, Love, Pray” study – April 14 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – April 16 @ 6:00PM
- Austin – Lakeway/Lake Travis Small Group – April 17 @ 6:30PM
- San Francisco – Speaker Series with Pattie Harvey – April 18 @ 7:00PM
- Southlake – “Identifying Your Spiritual Gifts” Event – April 18 @ 6:30PM
- Houston – Speaker Series Breakfast – April 20 @ 7:30AM
- Austin – Austin 360 Small Group – April 20 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – April 24 @ 5:30PM
- Houston – Meet Up – April 25 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Membership Luncheon – April 28 @ 11:30AM
- Austin – Westlake/Central Small Group – May 4 @ 5:30PM
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: Comdata
Location: Brentwood, TN
Comdata is a leading provider of fleet management and B2B payment solutions. As the largest fuel card provider and second largest commercial issue of MasterCard in North America, Combat offers on of the most comprehensive suites of payment solutions on the market. They are always on the lookout for the brightest talent to join our team and take us to the next level.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Account Development Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is looking for an Account Development Specialist-Corporate Payments, to become an expert on generating, prospecting, and qualifying leads that drive opportunities for the strategic sales team. This is a very important entry level sales position for a motivated and ambitious person who is interested in developing a sales career in technology and financial services.
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.