What You Missed :: latest from 4word
We often associate the word “nurture” with moms, but God has called us all to show intentional love to each other. Jordan Johnstone shares three ways you can nurture someone else, and why you should make it a priority in your life.
This week’s Mentoring Monday radio show featured Lori Berry.
Top Three :: stories that work, love, & pray
- Are You the Average of the Five People with Whom You Spend the Most Time? – May Busch discusses four ways those you surround yourself with are shaping your career and life.
- Our Homemaker, Who Art in Heaven – Jen Pollock Michel with Christianity Today encourages women to focus on God’s true meaning of home, rather than society’s definition.
- The Freedom of Working to Please Jesus, Not People – Hugh Whelchel with the Institute for Faith, Work & Economics urges us to see the freedom in being a servant.
Take Notice :: our favorite stories of the week
Know someone who needs an internship?: Does someone you know need an internship? Do they want to learn new skills and grow their network at the same time? 4word has 8 internship opportunities in nearly every department of our organization. Applications needed by June 1st!
How to Nourish Your Team’s Creativity: Ron Carucci lists four ways team leaders can not only instill a spirit of creativity among their team, but also encourage it to grow.
The Big Impact of the ‘Second Shift’: Neena Newberry digs deeper into Pew Research Center findings that women are literally working themselves to death by jumping into a “second shift” after coming home from their day job.
4word: Local Group Events
Take a look at these upcoming 4word: Local Group event dates and see which one(s) you can attend. We’d love to see you there!
- Austin – North/Arboretum Small Group – May 21 @ 6:00PM
- Dallas – Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Dallas – Frisco Meet Up Monday – May 22 @ 5:30PM
- Chicago – Conversation To Inspire: Christine Baingana – May 25 @ 7:00AM
- Tulsa – Book Study – May 27 @ 9:00AM
- Chicago – Leadership Team Meeting – May 30 @ 7:00AM
- Seattle – Gathering – June 1 @ 6:00PM
- Portland – Top Golf Membership Event – June 3 @ 7:00PM
- New York City – Happy Hour Event – June 5 @ 5:30PM
- Oklahoma City – Gathering – June 6 @ 6:30PM
- San Diego – Gathering – June 9 @ 11:30AM
- Dallas – Book Study at the Preston Center – June 9 @ noon
For details on these events, please visit our 4word Events page.
Make Your Next Career Move
As a 4word: Member Insider, you’re given exclusive access to numerous job openings across the country via the 4word Job Connections Board. We wanted to highlight a few jobs currently available. Just login to your 4word: Member Insider account to apply to one or more of these positions!
Not a 4word: Member Insider? Email your credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the application process.
Featured Company: USCF Benioff – Children’s Hospital
Location: Oakland, CA
UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals have placed among the nation’s premier children’s hospitals in all 10 pediatric specialties, and best in Bay Area in 5. The hospitals ranked among the top 25 in eight of the 10 specialties and were best in the Bay Area in five practices.
Open Positions on the 4word Job Connections Board
(login today to view more!)
Job #1: Payroll Director
USCF Benioff-Children’s Hospital – Oakland, CA
The Payroll Director reports to the Controller and is responsible for the leadership of the entire payroll function in a complex unionized environment with an estimated gross annual payroll of $200 million.
Job #2: Associate Post Production Producer
PennWell – Tulsa, OK
This is a highly-creative position that serves as the main core production effort for the video production department. Reporting to the (Sr.) Field Production Manager, the Assoc. Field Producer delivers broadcast standard video products, and requires a clear, unique vision for co-developing, and executing innovative video content across the digital platforms that are assigned. This position acquires digital video mainly on location.
Job #3: Strategic Sales Specialist
Comdata – Brentwood, TN
Comdata is seeking a Strategic Sales Specialist to join our Corporate Payments sales team. The Strategic Sales Specialist drives sales by communicating, primarily by phone, with existing customers as well as new prospects. This individual also works directly with team members in the field providing support through administrative duties.