Top o’ the mornin’ to you all. We hope you’re gearing up for a fun St. Patrick’s Day, whether you plan to celebrate with green eggs and ham or a more traditional dish like corned beef and cabbage. In the meantime, take a gander at our latest serving of the best of the web.
- WATCH: Sheryl Sandberg’s book, Lean In, echoes much of one that came before it – Work, Love, Pray! Sandberg’s critics say her privileged background gave her a head start, but Diane Paddison took the same path to the top, starting on the family farm and paying her own way. Watch Sandberg on 60 Minutes here, then lean in by telling a friend about Work, Love, Pray!
- GO: Diane Paddison will interview Lopez Lomong – Sudan Lost Boy, Olympian, author, and former house guest – on stage at the Portland Prayer Breakfast, March 29. Can’t make it? Follow them on Twitter @lopezlomong and @dpaddison. You can watch Lopez break a 5k American record here.
- READ: Working Women of the Bible. And stay tuned: Diane Paddison’s a fan, and she’ll review this book by Susan DeMickele in an upcoming Monday blog.
- THINK: Why We Need More Women In Ministry. Shout out to Trina in Portland for sharing this article!
- CONGRATS: Joy Eggerichs has an announcement to make.
Video of the Week
Trying to cheer up grumpy cat. No surprise ending here. haha
- “Women Choose Work-life Balance Over Wealth” —LinkedIn performs a ‘What Women Want At Work’ study that shows women around the world feel confident about their careers and upbeat about their ability to have a fulfilling work and family life.
- “5 Hard Truths for Parents” —Daniel Darling shares a non-exhaustive list of principles and truths, as a reminder to all parents out there.
- “Five Lessons for Our Lives from the Parable of the Talents” —the Institute for Faith, Work and Economics answers the question ‘How should Christians think about work, success, and wealth?’ with a look at Matthew 25:14-30.
A Pinterest Find
For those friends of ours looking for Gluten-Free recipes, you can replace flour in almost any recipe with this GF version and bloggers say you will hardly notice the difference. May be worth a try!