Mothers Day is almost here! Whether you already are a mom, are hoping to be a mom someday or are expecting a little one soon, we hope that you will take some time this weekend to honor the mother figure in your own life. Meanwhile, enjoy our weekly roundup of the best of this week’s best of the web.
- LISTEN: Our friend Liz Bohannon shares the story of Sseko Designs and the Ugandan women who are impacted by Sseko.
- CELEBRATE: Still looking for a Mothers Day gift? Check out 4word’s Guide from Monday here including Work, Love, Pray and The Glitter Guide’s last minute ideas here.
- GO: Global Shea Alliance supports rural African communities and promotes women’s empowerment by strengthening the Shea industry and value chain. They are hosting a conference in NYC on Monday.
- GIVE: “Faithful people are generous,” says Rick Warren.
Video of the Week
Watch musical greatness evolve through the centuries, all in one video.
- “4 Career Lessons From Inside the Kitchen” —Can channeling Julia Child help your career? The Daily Muse says yes!
- “To Parents of Small Children: Let Me Be the One Who Says It Out Loud” —If you have little ones or know friends who do, you need to read this. (And possibly even forward it to them)
- “I Got an iPhone Infection” —Is there a cure? Joshua Rogers blogs for Boundless.
A Pinterest Find
5 Mouth Watering Brown Bag Lunches via The Daily Muse.