As you head into the weekend, take a moment to read through some of our favorite articles, tips and videos from this past week. Have a safe and relaxed weekend!
- WATCH: If you are in Dallas, turn to channel 4 this coming Tuesday to watch FOX 4 Dallas at 8:00am central to hear Diane Paddison speak on “working moms.”
- WITNESS: In one of the darkest times of her life, Trayvon Martin’s mother Sybrina Fulton was a shining beacon of her faith and trust in her God. – via Times Swampland.
- LISTEN: Joy Eggerichs from Love and Respect Now addresses questions and concerns from those who have never dated.
- TIPS: 8 Vacation Etiquette Tips from Freshbenies.
- READ: 4word founder Diane Paddison talks about the importance of mentoring. – via TwoTen magazine.
Video of the Week
An oldie but a favorite. Watch this adorable kid’s reaction to his dad.
- “Like Daughter, Like Father” — When male CEOs have daughters, relative pay for women at their firms goes up, narrowing the persistent gender wage gap. Coincidence? – via Columbia.edu
- “I’m The Worst Parent Ever” —Justin Davis of RefineUs ministries shares some lessons God is teaching him as he raises his children.
- “How Micro-Prayers Can Get You Through the Workday” — The High Calling shares that micro-prayers are a handy method for keeping you plugged in and a great way of incorporating spiritual practice into your work life on a daily basis.
A Pinterest Find
Cucumber + lemon + mint = SASSY WATER