Happy Friday! Enjoy our list of favorites for professional women this week!
- IGNITE: Diane Paddison will be speaking at the IGNITE: The Art of Embracing our Sacred Design event on March 14, 2014. The main purpose of this event is to provide an outreach opportunity for women in the Portland-Vancouver area to join together and reflect on the beauty of God’s design. The event will take place at the Imago Dei Community in Portland, OR from 9:00AM-4:15PM. Early registration tickets are $30, late registration tickets are $38, and student tickets are available for $15. Registration opens in mid-November.
- AWARD: Diane Paddison was recently awarded the highest honor for Commercial Real Estate Women at the CREW Network Convention & Marketplace in Dallas. Diane was presented the Circle of Excellence in honor of her 20 years in the commercial real estate industry. Congratulations, Diane!
- CONGRATULATIONS: Liz Forkin Bohannon with Sseko Designs was named a finalist in the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, thanks to her work with the women of Uganda through Sseko. Join us in congratulating her on this accomplishment!.
CONTEST: To celebrate the arrival of fall, Sseko Designs has launched a Fab for Fall Pinterest Challenge. Simply pin your favorite fall Sseko Designs, or a pin from the Welcome Fall board, and include the hashtag #ethicalfashion to be entered to win a Sseko hobo bag!
- FACEBOOK: Are you following Diane on Facebook? Don’t miss her pictures and interactions with people like Charity Wallace, Liz Bohannon, Shaunti Feldhahn and more!
- FIRST WOMAN: Apple announced recently that they had found their new retail chief, Angela Ahrendts, making her the first woman to serve on Apple’s top team.
Video of the Week
What do you get when you combine Halloween and iconic Johnny Depp characters? Amazing costume inspiration!
- “‘Forward Guidance’ on Janet Yellen’s Reign at the Fed” —Robert Yenzer with Forbes discusses how Janet Yellen’s battle plan for the Federal Reserve will be aggressive and focused.
- “The Difference Between Fences and Fortresses” — Have you been hurt? Mary DeMuth offers insight into how to guard your heart from being shattered without building an impenetrable wall around it.
- “When God Turns on the Light” —Diane Paddison gives a glimpse into the circumstances surrounding the inception of 4word, and how an unfortunate situation led to one of the greatest triumphs of her life. via Love and Respect NOW
A Pinterest Find
Take a peek at the Sseko Design’s “Welcome Fall!” Pinterest board, and pin your favorites for a chance to win a Sseko hobo bag!