As you prepare for the Thanksgiving festivities next week, take a moment for yourself and peruse our favorites from the past week.
- MENTOR: The deadline to apply to be a Mentor or Mentee with the 4word Mentor program is January 10, 2014! Click here to learn more about applying.
- GIVE: If you would like to give someone the opportunity to be a mentee this holiday season, you can! You can make your donation by visiting our Donation page. To donate specifically to the mentor program, just make a note of “mentor match” in your donation. If you would like to give to a particular mentee, email email@example.com after you make your donation.
- LEAD: Jayme Soulati with #BEALEADER offers her tips on how to grow yourself into a successful leader. It all starts within.
- UNDERDOG: Do you ever feel like the underdog in your career? In Issie Lapowsky’s INC interview with author Malcolm Gladwell, Gladwell argues that being an underdog is not necessarily a bad thing.
- CHANGING LIVES: Diane Paddison interviews Sseko founder Liz Bohannon for FaithVillage, and Liz shares her story of how Sseko came to be.
Video of the Week
We cannot wait for the Noah movie! Check out the trailer here.
- Women Reach a Milestone in Job Market — In his article on Wall Street Journal, Jonathan House shares surprising results from the latest Labor Department tally of payrolls, showing that women are actually recovering from the recession better than men.
- The Real Truth about ‘Boring’ Men and the Women Who Live with Them — Ann Voskamp writes on her blog, A Holy Experience, about why she prefers her husband’s “boring” views of romanticism to what movies and books have painted a true romantic to be.
- The Valiant Woman — As part of the Theology of Work Project on the book of Proverbs, this article on the Valiant Woman in chapter 31 highlights behavior that modern-day professional women should aspire to.
A Pinterest Find
Need some inspiration for Thanksgiving table settings? Here are some beautiful ideas to get you started.