Two weeks until the most famous Friday of the year! Enjoy the peace and quiet now by checking out our favorites from the past week.
- DONATE: Typhoon Haiyan has devastated the lives of thousands of Philippine residents. The Salvation Army is accepting donations to help with relief efforts. Click here to donate today.
- SSEKO: 4word woman Liz Bohannon has recently been recognized for her company Sseko and the mission they carry out with the women of Uganda. She is a finalist in the Cartier Women’s Initiative Awards, was named one of America’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs of 2012, and is the winner of the 2013 Start-Up Showcase Presented by Dell for Social Impact. Congratulations, Liz, for the global recognition of all of your hard work and dedication to the betterment of life for women in Uganda! Be sure to check out her Wednesday Interview as well!
- MENTOR: The deadline to apply to be a Mentor or Mentee with the 4word Mentor program is December 20! Click here to learn more about applying.
- GIVE: If you would like to give someone the opportunity to be a mentee this holiday season, you can! You can make your donation by visiting our Donation page. To donate specifically to the mentor program, just make a note of “mentor match” in your donation. If you would like to give to a particular mentee, email firstname.lastname@example.org after you make your donation.
- TOMS: The new TOMs Marketplace is broadening its “give back” reach and giving consumers more ways that they can make a difference. Taylor Corrado with Hubspot encourages companies and individuals alike to see what they can glean from TOMs’ example of teaming together to make the world a better place
- LEADERSHIP LAG: Colleen O’Connor with the Denver Post exposes the troubling results of a national survey that show that women, despite working more and outperforming men in similar positions, are still the minority when it comes to leadership roles and salaries.
Video of the Week
In light of Veteran’s Day, watch this amazing physical (and mental) transformation of a homeless veteran.
- 7 Questions to Ask When Uncovering Your Personal Brand— William Arruda with Forbes offers seven guiding questions that will help you determine who you are, not just as a company but also a person.
- What I Know Now: Newly Married Men and Deja Vu Conversations — In the latest installment in the What I Know Now series on Love and Respect (Now), newly married men receive a dose of “real talk” from a seasoned marriage pro, Emerson Eggerichs.
- How Does Being A Part of the Body Of Christ Influence Your Job? — Marcus Goodyear, editor at The High Calling writes an article for the Center for Faith & Work at LeTourneau University on how to infuse your beliefs and values into your entire week, not just Sunday.
A Pinterest Find
Need some Thanksgiving recipe inspiration? Here are 9 to get you started!